Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JBL Power Series Subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 85GMCJimmy, Feb 23, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

If anyone has recieved the new winter/spring 2000 Crutchfield magazine, they are having a close out sell on the JBL Power Subs. What I want to know is that are these the low end subs JBL makes, or middle, or one of the highest quality they make. The reason I want to know this is because they have really good prices on them. If you have any other ideas about what kind of sub i should get please tell me. What i think I want is to run a 10 or 12. I am leaning towards the Infinity Kappa right now

2. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

JBL has a website http://www.jbl.com that should help you figure out where the sub your looking at falls in thier lineup. When I was hitting the local shops last week I was pushed towards JL Audio subs. I've seen them in a ton of comp. cars and the car audio BBS's i've checked seemed to hold them in high regard. Just something to consider....

Good Luck,

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

3. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

They don't look all that bad at the jbl site. How are those prices from crutchfield?

Ryan88Jimmy

4. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

well, for a JBL Power 12 they cost $80.00 without a box. and the Infinity i am looking at is actually a Perfect not a Kappa, sorry for the conclusion, the 12 cost $300,, but with a box

5. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

Do they have any JBL 10's for sale? I like the sound from 10's better then 12's....

Ryan88Jimmy

6. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

Here is the link to Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/

Looks like the 10's are $70....

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Actually most of the differences isn't in the sub, most of it is in the box and amp you're running. Unless of course you get up to the Digital Designs type subs at 60lbs each. LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

8. FULLTOP80

FULLTOP80 Registered Member

DONT BUY THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT. SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY NOW AND BUY SOME JL OR CERWIN VEGA OR EVEN MTX

9. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I don't necessarily think you'll regret buying them but there is alot of better stuff out there. It depends on what you want. If you want a kickin' system, those are not the way to go. But if you want high end stuff you should look at all of the high end brands. Some are: Kicker, Crystal, Phoenix Gold, Audiobahn, Infinity, Xtant, Cd tech, and others. Personally, I don't like JL very much. They sound very boomy with very little preciseness to them. That's only my opinion though. You should listen to stuff before you buy and get stuff that sounds good to you. In car audio, you get whatyou pay for.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!