Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JC Whitney Cheapie Subs, work Awesome!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TrcksR4ME, Apr 1, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I bought 2 10" subs through JC Whitney about 2 years ago for my Blazer. They were $26 each, made by MB Acoustic's, and are dual voice coils. I didnt want to spend a lot but wanted some decent tunes for my truck. Since then I have put these into my daily driver and have realy started using them a lot. I must say these things work AWESOME /forums/images/icons/smile.gif They hit hard, have great bass, and sound great in general (for subs).

My brother went with the high dollar stereo system using JL Audio's, which are better speakers no doubt. But both his sets of 12's were stolen while my set of cheapies are still where I left them. And my cheapies really do sound awesome, especially for a $50 investment. Also remeber that the qualities of high dollar speakers are usually better sound quality, and in a loud beasty truck there is a lot of noise pollution anyways...

BTW, I put them in a homemade box made of 3/4" plywood lined with dense 2" foam. I know the pro's would say no to a set-up like this, but again I have had no problems. It's also a sealed box.

Just thought I'd share some of my luck in case anyone has ever wondered about the cheapie subs out there. Goes to show you can have a pounding stereo system without spending $100+ per sub.