Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JC Whitney Exhaust systems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Junior_Fangler, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Junior_Fangler

Junior_Fangler Registered Member

Greetings all!

Has anybody here used the JC Whitney complete dual exhaust systems for our Blazers?

They have exhaust systems listed for both headers AND stock manifolds. I'm in SORE need of replacement and the price seems right but...

Opinions are much appreciated!

77 Blazer 350/350 NP203 FF14 D44
    Patuxent River Hard Rock Crawlers

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

They suck, plain and simple. I've got a JC Whitney exhaust system on my 75 Firebird. Well, it is in the truck right now getting ready to go down to the muffler shop to get put on because some of the pipes need to be rebent so they fit right. It is a decent system, but they are so screwed up with the bending I couldn't even begin to get them on! NEVER BUY FROM JC WHITNEY!

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Find a good muffler/exhaust shop in your area where you can work with them on what you want to do and where you want your pipes. You dont have to worry about shipping and dealing with JCW, and I think its a better deal anyway.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

The stuff they sell are not made by them. They are a retail outlet. They buy usally in bulk or at wholesale. If you are having problems with a product let them know, if there are enough complaints they will drop the product. I have bought stuff from them for over 15 years and never had a problem. The only exhaust I have bought from them was the tfx for my 89 and 87 blazers.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I buy stuff all the time from JCWhitney. A time or two they have messed up my order but made up for it by giving me a discount and sending me the right product ASAP. However I would have a local shop do your exhaust out of if something goes wrong it's nice to be able to go right there instead of unbolting everything and mailing it back. As far as headers go...for the same price you can get flowtechs from a parts store....

*EDITED PART* My friend has a Heep and informed me that he has this set up on it and it works fine. He has had it going on 5 years and says no problems. He off-roads with it a lot...I know it's a Heep, but if he has yet to have a problem then it should be fine.....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 04/18/01 12:26 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

I will be get one soon. And those will bolt right up. I have a stock manifold. Yes the price is diffinetly right.

7. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

how much are they?

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Just my $.02 here, but you tend to get what you pay for in exhaust.. cheap headers are that.. cheap... leak, hard to fit in, hard to change the plugs on, etc. Cheap pipes don't fit, need modifications, rust out, etc. IMO I'll go w/ the hooker exhaust systems (PAW has them for about 275) and you can go 2-1/4 to 3" pipes.. your choice... and either off the manifolds or off the headers. In terms of headers hookers are definetly worth the money... top notch name and quality... heard good things about the flowtech afterburners as well. If all else fails you can usually get exhaust put on at a shop for a good price.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am sure you could find a local shop to cut you a good deal and find a set of slightly used headers on the net..

Do it right the first time...

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]

10. Junior_Fangler

Junior_Fangler Registered Member

Just an update on the JC Whitney exhaust system.

I decided to give them a call and ask who manufactured the parts. In this case it turned out that the Headers and dual exhaust are both Holley parts which means either Hooker, or Flowtech headers and dual kit.

I went ahead and ordered the headers, dual system, and two muflers and the total came to $252

That's $400 LESS than the lowest cost local shop wanted to bend pipe from my stock log manifolds back.

I'll let you guys know what shows up at my door next week.

:)

77 Blazer 350/350 NP203 FF14 D44
    Patuxent River Hard Rock Crawlers