Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JD2 owners with hydraulic setup have a question for you.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yunit, Apr 2, 2002.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

What are you using for the hydraulic's on the bender. I see on JD2's website that they only mention what ram to use and do not offer it for sale. I have e-mailed them twice and no response. I think I might go with the Pro-Tools hydraulic setup if JD2 cannot supply me with everything I need. Thanks, Pete.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got a $40 8 ton ram from HF. It's hand operated. There's another guy on here that's done the same thing. Problem I've ran into is the ram is tempermental when on it's side, but the way I've done the roll-around for the bender, I can lay it down so the ram is vertical. There are also some people that are using 10-ton Porta Powers. For a full hydro conversion, there's a guy over on Pirate4x4 that's got a real nice setup. Do a search for tube bender hydro conversion or something along that lines and you'll eventually find the pics.

3. Ruthiford

Ruthiford Registered Member

I bought the JD2 model 3 bender. I mounted it to a steel frame and poured concrete arround I then tried to use the ratchet deal that come's with it and pulled/twisted/torqued the hole lot out of the ground !So I bought a power team 14"stroke ram a mac tools 10000lb air/hyd pump,had a machinist frind make all the attaching stuff and made an adapter to go into my engine stand it works good (except you cant put a 20' piece of tube in it with out something to hold eather end up)(cause it will fall over)