Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeep Alternator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Aug 30, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Aug 29, 2002
    I know it aint GM but its 4x4 related so whatever. Anyways friend in my club needs to replace his alternator but if he can he would like to rebuild to a higher amperage. Anybody know where to get a kit or something to do it? Its a 2000 TJ w/ the 4.0 if it matters.
  2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Dec 6, 2003
    ask around localy and find a good shop to get it rebult.

find one with a good rep. i had mine done in jan. and i thought i had to take it back as it turned out my gauge AND my multimeter started reading 19.5 volts at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif (what are the friggen chances??????)

anyway i took it to them and they were beond helpfull checked it out on there lunch help me reinstallit made sure i got it in and retested everything in the truck.

on prices its way beter. local store price for my alt 325$, one he had ready: 250$, he rebuilt mine with 35 extra amps told me 179 + tax
    the next morning it was ready and gave it to me for 170 tax in! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif