Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeep commercials make me sick

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 20, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

"trail rated" my @$$. The one that says, there is no finish line for making it over stacks of boulders... CalROC? There is no gold medal for making it through muddy water... Top Truck Challenge? Stupid Heeps

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

any hot chicks in them ? i havent paid attention tro them i rarely pay any attnetion to any commercials unless involve hot chicks, or something else cool, but i cant recall seeing any heep commercials with such content,

humm..

heeps forgot what was going on after about 1980 or so, 79 was about the best year after all the glitch fixes and such, then went down hill after that, id like to some day maybe find a 78 or 79 CJ7 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i know someone who used to have an '80 one and we used to literally jump gravel piles through the air and come bam! back down for landing, i was in the back, strapped in or id have gotten thrown out when we were doing this, i remember speaker box flying around back there haha, the heep was all stock and fugly crap brown still but ran good. had gold steel wagons on it

it was cool

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ive seen those ads..they are pretty funny, some of the things they have them doing on there they could never do in real life lol...some one should ask them, " if there trail rated, how come they cant go through [darn]!?" hahah

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I was thinking the same thing about those comercials ,TTC and so on that Jeep is huge in, but then they completly disreguard them in there commercials. WTF!?

But the ones that really burn me are the Toyota commercials, blasting through the forest, desert with no respect for the land. I thought Toyota used to push the 'tread lightly' concept pretty hard, but recently they don't seem to have any respect for nature. It's like their trying to get areas closed down by showing some idiots in their new truck tearing up the land! Again WTF!? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think the same can be said for any of the "crazy" car commercials that are obviously dangerous or inappropriate. The manufacturers figure that "professional driver, closed course" absolves them of any responsibility for what some idiot might try to duplicate.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

"tread lightly" took a back burner to profits. They can sell more trucks to Yuppies if they show them doing crazy off road stuff that the drivers will die doing if they have no experience. This is america it breaks down to profit.

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sometimes even the Jeep guys come up with a creative commercial.....

Remember the one where the guy is checking out the girl...she gives him the eye, and writes her "number" on a slip of paper?

When he opens it, it's not a telephone number but the GPS coordinates to some difficult offroad destination.....the idea being that if he's "worthy" he'll be able to meet her there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

....it would have been cooler if it was a K5, but I still have to give props for the cool idea.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it is pretty silly.an old commercial i hated was the ford and chevy trucks racing on an off road coarse,and to show the chevies auto hubs,they have the ford guy gey out in water to lock his in /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. what asswipe waits to get stuck,then lock in the hubs? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I must admit the one Rubicon commercial I like, where there is a big open field and one boulder, and they use that as the parking spot, I know I would do that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I remember that one. Just like the ground clearance one when the IFS line came out. They show the Chevy going over a stump like it wasn't even there and then a Ford gets hung up on it and Chevy brags about ground clearance. It was all because of the 16" wheels or something.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Jeep commercial that gets me is the one where one Jeep pulls off a boulder, and the driver of the next one ask's "Are you leaving" then pulls up on the boulder. You can tell there is a ramp behind the boulder, but they were carefull not to show it. Also, the front pass side wheel is hanging in the air befor they even get 1/4 of the way up the boulder. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Might as well be driving a lowered Honda. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hah! I Like the new Jeep commercial...

The dude is taking inventory of the new jeeps on the car hauler semi...
    "Grand cherokee... check... Liberty... check.... Wrangler..."

**looks at the yellow wrangler covered in mud... looks at the truck driver**

"You didn't test one of these out... DID YOU!?"

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I've got to agree with you, that one is FUNNY! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the stupidest of them all is an older one that has three owners w/ there heeps on top of granit fingers, thoughs big stone pillers playing frisbie throwing it acros huge gaps to each other when one drops it they all go runing for there jeeps yelling i got it. Come on make it a little tiny bit sligtly beliveble, wheres the helicopter?

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

my personal fave is the older one w/ the grand cherokee in like a florida swamp, you can see the tires spinnin but its going like 1 mph, but they convenientyly reset the camera when it looks like its about to get stuck.

16. boggerless

i alway's hated that one,gee let's race,i'll show you.wait for me i'm up to my axles. what kind of crap is that? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. boggerless

i was going to bring up that commercial aboutthree month's ago Z3PR, but i didn't want to hear about watching a jeep comm. from you guy's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif that is a laugh isn't it.HEY ARE YOU DONE.what the hell? you know if all these SUV,s being bought today were K5's we'ed be in.part's galore. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. boggerless

that one alway's amazed me.i had a 6in sus and a 3in body,and 40's and i could not have got through that.maybe the power window's help? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

19. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I am no Jeep lover by any means but I did like that commercial too .The advertising firm did a fine job on that one for the Jeep folks .
    I believe that the newest Jeep logo , or whatever, is a spin off from some VERY old Dodge truck sales logo's ( they used to have a "Job Rated" slogan for their trucks ); it seems that the advertising company's wanted to cash in on an old idea and revive that slogan.
    It is a shame that advertising works and people believe almost everything they read or see in these commercials - People see it on T.V. and they think that it applies to every Jeep product . There is a guy at work who drives his wife's Jeep Grand Wagonier(sp) and he thinks it is in direct competition with a "Military" Hummer just because it is a "JEEP" .
    This one is my favorite - Right after a fairly good size hurricain , back in 1995, the Escambia County Search & Rescue Department asked the local off-raod clubs to help out by clearing tree's out of roads so they could get to unanswered 911 calls . They split all of us up and they asked for several trucks that could assist in pulling or moving very heavy objects to clear paths for rescue vehicles. I was one of the larger trucks with some ass to it ( a 1983 Crew Cab Dually with 38" tall Swampers )and I volunteered to go and the local Jeep club had several members that absolutely swore that they could pull anything that the big trucks could because they had Jeeps !
    To end this long story the Jeep guys were asked to go to the beach where they could transport family's to see where there homes use to be and they left the road and trail clearing to more capable trucks - not one of them was a Jeep product .......
    Tom

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

jeep commercials with hot chicks are worth watching... the rest are meh save for the comedy value. Always fun pointing/laughing at a jeep.

j