Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeep, its whats for dinner...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

So i'm at this bonfire at the power lines (big weekend here at school), getting somewhat intoxicated. Well the rain set in hard at about 2:00 am so the bonfire was being relocated to a house. Well, some kid hunts me down cause I got my truck and says some guy is stuck in the swamp (known as "The Impassible Swamp"). So i'm slightly intoxicated (no where near wasted) and low on gas. I said hey, i'll pull him out for $20, and it was a stuck Jeep. So going down about 3 miles of trail (4x4 is highly recommended), I get to the swamp. This idiot in his stock Jeep Cherokee decieded go into the swamp. He was actually in front of the swamp(play area) which I made it through a couple times, but have been stuck pretty bad in it. The Jeep was dead and the front was facing towards the only way out. We managed to hook to his rear and I had to yank the sh*t outta his Jeep to spin it around and pulled him out. Did I mention it was a dead Jeep too? If you read my other post a few weeks back, I had to pull a dead Jeep out of a mud pit and drag it down the trails to the road /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

"Jeep, its whats for Dinner" and Dinner is my favorite meal /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sorry but bragging about getting (intoxicated) and driving is not cool /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah I was gonna say soemthing but decided discresion was the better part of valor, but now that you have initiated

Drunk driving isn't all that great, I can't sit up straight let alone drive when I have drank anything

Anyway, get pics next time, that is of course if you aren't dead by then

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Not to mention that recovery operations are among the most dangerous part of fourwheeling. Since drinking impairs your judgement, those two should never be combined.

I don't konw who you 'wheel with, but we have an unwritten code of ethics where I wheel that you pull someone else out if they're stuck, even if you don't necessarily want to, and cash sure as hell isn't exchanged.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Anyone else notice the irony of his sig and the post /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Ive never charged to pull somebody out. If they offer it after they are out, that is different. Its just common courtesy(sp?). If they wanted to pay they could have called a tow truck, that is of course if they were even on legal property.

6. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Give him a break, he's young. I did it many times when I was young and I am still here and I never kilt anyone. It's people like Hillary clinton and bleeding heart democrats that criminalize the living f outof having a couple beers and getting behind the wheel.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Give him a break, he's young. I did it many times when I was young and I am still here and I never kilt anyone. It's people like Hillary clinton and bleeding heart democrats that criminalize the living f outof having a couple beers and getting behind the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]
    <font color="red"> WTF? </font> its dumb asses like you that think it is ok to drink and drive just because you have done it before and haven't killed yourself or anyone else YET /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif so just because you have done it before means that everyone can do it and no one will get hurt? hey he is young nothing bad is going to happen /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif WTF kind of thinking is that? lets see if you say the same thing when it is one of YOUR family members that gets hit and killed or very badly hurt from some young kid that took YOUR advice. hey I'm young he did it and didn't kill himself or anyone else so i can do it to /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

I happen to have lost a sister to a drunk-driver. He walked away...I attended a funeral with my sisters son.

I also happen to be the "victim" of an idiotic driver, that couldn't even drive sober. Now I'm the one paying the price for his stupidity.

Why do people always get put-down for the vehicle of their choice? I always thought it was more about the sport of wheeling, not the manufacturer. My Warn equipped CJ's pulled out more than 1 Chev, Dodge, Ford, etc....and I didn't "charge" them for it, but saw it as an opportunnity to help out a fellow wheeler.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Kilt? You have a habit of making beer+driving related comments, it's not your god given right to be a total [darn] head

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

come on guys he said he was slightly intoxicated. To me that means 3 or 4 beer. How many of you havent driven with that many in your system? I thow I have. I dont do it often but if Im drinking and need to go somewhere 4 is MY cut off like and thats only if its close.

Nick

11. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

... I can already see this post going the way of my rollover post because people have different opinions on whats ok and whats not... I love the drama!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F*&amp;K YEAH!!!!!!

12. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I usually have some drive If I know I'm going to be drinking even it's a few beers I just don't want take the chance...

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I usually have some drive If I know I'm going to be drinking even it's a few beers I just don't want take the chance...

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do that too but sometimes [darn] happens and you have to drive a couple of miles. 4 beers isnt enough to get me even buzzed unless I slam them which I never doo.

NIck

14. bigburban383

I'm in a hurry, but I found out this morning it was running on 7 cylinders. I know how the plug wire broke because of when I got it chassised dynoed on Friday, the readings showed a bad RPM reading (plug wire) and I guess the guy ripped the plug wire completely out when he took off the sensor. I PULLED A DEAD JEEP OUT ON 7 CYLINDERS /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Like I said, it's bleeding heart liberal thinking that criminalizes having a couple beers and driving. Add that with the fact that the beer an hour rule applies to a select few of the people spectrum and better be safe than sorry thinking means that many people won't drive after a few beers. That's fine with me. I know I can drink a six pack at a bonfire, and it ain't gonna effect the judgement of this 6'2" 250 pound guy enough to keep me from jumping behind the wheel. If you liberals want to live life in paranoia from big brother california highway pig and any other state pig watching you, go for it. I'll live my life logically, drink a few beers when I want, drive when I feel it's logical to drive, and be happy as a lark.

Now the drunk driver: This relates to the guy that drinks a case of beer a day and is chronically drunk, therefore if he wants to drive somewhere, he has no choice but to drive drunk. Then you have the binge drinkers. Those are the people that drink a few at holiday parties or special occasions then get behind the wheel. If it's a social drinker, having a few beers at a bonfire, I can tell you, he's not drunk enough to hurt anybody. If said social drinker is .08 instead of .07, and a california highway pig drags his arse to jail for it, he's friendly fire of the system in my opinion. Then he has to come up with 15K to get this technicality off his record. It's a crapshoot with the CHP.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

On this drinkin' N Driving thing. Everybody is different, 3 or 4 beers may not effect one person where it could someone else. Befor you pass judgement, think if you've every got behind the wheel after drinking. I used to go to the strip clubs, have a beer or more, and drive home afterwards. I never have been a heavy drinker, and didn't drink much. But it is still drinking and driving. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. bigburban383

Whoa guys come on. I am very much against people getting wasted and driving. I was completely aware of my condition. I drank 6 beers in the course of 5 hours (you metabolize 1 per hour), and I had a few at the bonfire when we got there at 11:30 - 12:00 pm. I didn't go pull this guy out until 2:00. I was fully aware I had to drive me and my friends back and I am not going to put them into danger. Ask all my friends, I know when I can't drive because I feel strongly about driving drunk and DUI is just bad. I am 22 years old and can drive under the influence of 3 beers legally. Please, just laugh at the fact that Jeeps suck and we got to drag them out with our fullsize trucks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Resurrection_Joe

Hmmmmm, self righteous idiot who doesn't respect the police, or at least is too immature to type cop/police and wants to justify drinking and driving,. Bitch all you want, but if you have drank anything and are driving, you are not 100%

Bleeding heart liberal, throw a few more old kingdom american bullshit catchphrases around why don't you

19. bigburban383

In reply to the why I charged /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

1. I am in debt upto my eye ballz
    2. I had to go way out of my way
    3. I am in debt upto my eye ballz
    4. I am in debt upto my eye ballz
    5. A tow truck would not come out because it is an illegal wheeling area

Hey, I even gave him a jump start and made sure he got of the trail okay.

20. Resurrection_Joe

Anyways, get pics next time, drunkboy

Oh.... How can you rip a little jeep around with a suburban and not tear something off it? I assume the ground was really slick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.