Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeep Liberty write up has my truck picture.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by titanic, Oct 13, 2001.

1. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Was just reading write up on the new Jeep Liberty on RockCrawler.com and under test drive in Monteagle, the last page,(page 5-I think), has a pic of liberty next to "Titanic" on my trailer. I had to tell someone!!!!!!!!!! Steve

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Last page of the write up and the last pic in the write up.

Sorta make the Liberty look like a toy next to the 'Burb! [​IMG] I like the caption.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Cool pic [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockcrawler.com/reviews/jeep/liberty_2002/suburban.jpg>http://www.rockcrawler.com/reviews/jeep/liberty_2002/suburban.jpg</a> &lt;=Figured I'd save some people some clicking.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

hey thanks!

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

SHOW OFF! [​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'd think that would be a little embarassing to have that little wannabe sitting next to your beast.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    "It wastes drinking time."<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

7. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

That is a great pic.......sorta tells the whole Chev...jeep thing without saying a word.I think this will be my new wallpaper on my screen!!!

chevrules...always has and always will

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

hahaha that's to funny! The Liberty is the sign of Jeep selling out. The least capable Jeep ever it should be sold as. What a shame. Lets see a Liberty on trail 9 at tellico instead of the easy stuff at Mont Eagle. Some of my IRC buds managed to get in on a test session with the liberty at Rubicon. By the time they were done the 3 libertys only one was drivable. One got layed over on a rock that the Grands that were also there walked and the other shreaded some front drivline to the point where parts were having to be brought in to repair it enough to get it out. The last the Grands had to keep dragging to photo ops.
    You know your Sub is about famous and showing up all over the palce. You sure you want to go to a S body now?

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

9. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

If my suburbans body wasn't fatigued out, doors don't match up to close properly, front fenders have pulled completely away from cab mounts, etc.,I would probably keep going. I did like to see people's reaction when I would follow a jeep or bronco thru a hard trail but no one wants the weight of a Sub.

10. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Niiiiiice... I sure as hell know which rig I'd take!

Should have gotten a pic of Titanic driving off the trailer over the Liberty.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That picture does no justice for the size of titanic. I got to watch Titanic come up slick rock at Tellico and it was awsome! Somewhere there was a picture of Titanic on the trailer behind the 90's Sub that pulls it. It dwarfs the 90's burb. That Libertys roof might come up to the window ledge of the Titanic.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Those liberty's are capable of going offroad? Hum...I didnt think they even offered a 4wd. Looked like another rav4 to me...Sounds like they dont fend to well offroad which is about what I expected

That is one hell of a suburban!

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I like the caption under the picture `No Caption Nessicary'

that about covers my opinion of that dung heap... I mean most offroad articles don't take pictures of it being towed through the hardest parts of the trails, but this one seems to have the strait dope, without saying `this is built for prissy little yuppies who want the most expensive, yet useless vehicle they can get' vibrates at 77 MPH? neither of my trucks do that all that bad, and the K20 sub's excuse is that it needs new Tcase mounts.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck's frame is bent so bad the rear springs hardly move and everything from the shock mounts to the bumper is junk. It still is save to drive 70+ MPH.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles