Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jeep xj springs instead of 52's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by takarst, Feb 18, 2007.

1. takarst

takarst Newbie

i have been reading and researching for weeks now, and was wondering if anyone has ever put the rear cherokee springs in the front of a blazer? the springs measure 50" eye to eye and have an offset pin. if mounted in the stock hanger if will move the front axle 1 1/2" forward and be only 3" longer than a stock front spring at the shackle. the only thing i can see is the shackle angle would be pretty wild, but how about a boomerang style shackle to clear the body mount? any ideas would be appreciated.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

52" springs are SOFT in a K5. I can't imagine how soft a set of XJ springs would be. Think about it a bit.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah there are a few threads on here about it cause I was looking into it when I wanted to lift my truck. decided that they were too soft and 52s were so much easier to come by that it didnt make much sense to keep looking for the xj springs.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

didnt think about that before. id just stick with 52's, thats what im doing.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just my thought on it is all. I mean I have FRONT coils out of a V8 equipped ZJ in the rear of my S10. They seem to be too soft. So I am going to have to switch to lift springs to get a higher spring rate. I'd hate to think how soft the rears out of the same vehicle would be, let alone an XJ, or under a full size rig.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yea, heep parts under a fullsize is asking for trouble in my mind