Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeepers and their genious ideas *ebay link*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by heavy4x4, Dec 15, 2002.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Just looking through ebay...look what I found. This guy thinks he's got a business. He's selling swaybar disconnects. In big print in the description it says, "beware of immitators, some guys just go to the hardware store and buy pins, they need to be different size, so I modify them" (not exact quote, but a rough translation). WHAT A JOKE. What, he's better cause he goes to the hardware store and buys 2 different sized pins?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif He's making about 200% profit. The hardware doesn't cost more than $5 max.
    Sorry about the rant...I just see this stuff and think to myself..."what were these people thinking???"

Click here

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's the American Way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You are bidding on one set of NEW anti-swaybar disconnects for the Jeep Wrangler TJ. If you want a simple, cheap, and easy way to disconnect your swaybar in just seconds and don't want to pay $79.99-$129.99 for a pair, then these are for you. The kit consists of two steel clevis pins, four retaining clips (2 per side in case one were to break). Installation is simple, just remove the torx bolt and nut that hold the end link to the axle, and slide in the clevis pin on each side and insert the retaining clips and your're done. To disconnect, remove the retaining clips and slide out the pin on both sides, and rotate the entire swaybar up and rest the end links on top of the spring tower. In less than 1 minute and with no tools, you can be disconnected and ready for increased articulation while offroad. I have field tested these on my own jeep and they work great! Please feel free to email me with any questions. Shipping will be $3.00 with optional insurance for $1.00. Shipping to Canada adds $3.00. I accept payment with paypal (where you can pay with your credit card), personal check, cashier's check, or money order. Happy Bidding. USE BUY-IT-NOW! TO GET FREE SHIPPING!! (shipping to canada will be $3.00 if buy-it-now! is used). I have sold a lot of these and everyone has loved them! Check my Feedback! BEWARE OF IMITATORS!! OTHERS SELLERS SELLING THESE JUST GO TO THE HARDWARE STORE AND BUY SOME PINS TO STICK IN THE HOLE THAT AREN'T THE RIGHT SIZE- TO FIT PROPERLY WITHOUT CLINKING AROUND WHEN YOU TURN &amp; GO OVER BUMPS, THE DISCONNECTS MUST BE TWO DIFFERENT DIAMETERS, SO I MODIFY THEM TO FIT PERFECTLY SO THEY DON'T CLINK AROUND AND MAKE NOISE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use those exact same pins to hold the wooden bedsides on my little trailer. I break them all the time doing nothing and he's putting the stresses of god-knows-what proportions on them?

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

But he has two pins in them. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif