Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jegs and summit....in regaurds to a number mix up...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Apr 24, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm trying to get a TBI harness for my swap but I'v hit the last straw...

I thumb through Jegs and see one part number painless kit 60201 which is the extra length kit so I can mount the box up high, thier price $280, Summits is $265 but is listed as 60101 (???) and they don't list a regular one /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

SO Summit can charge whatever price they want... I looke and tried to irder it through them... they are back ordered /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So I'm at my wits end over this, I could go through my dealer at work but it's $75 more. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

HELP. and don't say go with a carb or a ramjet, out of my price range and I ain't messing with another carb.

-Jeremy

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call Jeg's and tell them what price Summit is selling it for. They've price matched for me befor.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You should check with the folks at www.painlesswiring.com and make sure that you order the correct part number for what you really want. It would really suck to wait two weeks and then get the wrong harness because of a typo in the Jeg's or Summit catalog. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Once you're sure you're ordering the right thing, then either place will price match the other. That way you can get it from the folks that have it on the shelf. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

THAT is good advice............ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I checked our painless number through work, shows up as the 4' longer one, which when I called summit they wanted $295 but is back ordered 2-3 weeks.

Jegs has it listed as $265 but I will have to call them tomorrow and have them check thier numbers.

Thanks for the heads up.

-Jeremy