Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jegs dynomax dual kits Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Apr 20, 2004.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Allright I have a question that would help get the blazer back on the road:
    1.) Jegs makes an exhaust kit for '87 blazers that have headers, which I cant afford(headers):(. They only have manifold kits for 73-87 Chevy PU 4WD 1/2, 3/4-Ton as part #289-89003. My question is if anyone knows if this will fit on the blazer? thanks for any info or advice.
    -Kell-

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It probably will, you will have to just cut it down to the proper length though. Try calling Jegs and see what they say...

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I'm not completly sure but when I went to order mine they were out of stock so I ordered the dual Hooker kit and it bolted right up perfect. I think it was a little more money like $130 shipped but it was thicker guage than the dynomax kit.

4. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Dual hooker kit? I just checked Jegs and didn't see it, are you running a blazer or what? thanks for the input, every suggestion is a step closer to getting it done.
    -Kell-

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

scratch that last one, just found what you were talking about at summit. Are these kits tucked far enough away that they wont be easily ripped off?
    -Kell-

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, they are. I've got them on two trucks. I don't have a K5 though so I can't comment on whether or not they'll fit a K5, although I don't see why not.

I have the header kit on my K10 and the manifold kit on my C30.

7. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

It said it would fit on a 73-'91 blazer so sounds like i'm good to go, thanks for the help and info.
    -Kell-

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Do you happen to have the part #'s??

9. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

here's my Dynomax dual kit..... mufflers were replaced with flowmaster 40's.... and, i have since then, added 2 Magnaflow cats. it does stay tucked up in the frame real nicely..... and, it sounds awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

i run the big 454 oil filter.... and it has about an 1/8th of an inch clearance between the filter and the header... it's real tight.... they headers are also very close to the spring shackles.

[​IMG]

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i run the big 454 oil filter.... and it has about an 1/8th of an inch clearance between the filter and the header... it's real tight.... they headers are also very close to the spring shackles.

[/ QUOTE ]

you my friend are a brave man.

i've got the Hooker header kit on my 86 right now. anybody know if a 2wd setup will fit a 4wd?

11. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I got it from summit! Its on a 78 K5 with no cats and tucks up nicely! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif