Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jegs tbi perf. kit install * INSTALLED BUT NEED HELP*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NEK5, Mar 4, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok i got this http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=12051&storeId=10001&categoryId=28347&parentCategoryId=11261&langId=-1

its a kit that comes with a throttle body spacer and some other stuff.

so i`m just wondering how hard it will be to install. i would like to know what i should replace. i know i`m gonna have to replace the vac lines (anyone know any part nums. for those)...anything else i should replace in the process...also any suggestions or tips for the install???? PLEASE:D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  2. crash81

crash81 1/2 ton status

i didn't buy that kit but i do have all those parts installed on my suburban. it was straight forward and took a few hours but only because i cleaned up the routing of stuff and i also replaced all the vacuum lines like you were talking about doing. as for part # for the vacuum lines i went to auto zone and got one of the silicone vacuum line kits that come with 4mm,6mm,10mm lines. they have them in red and blue and the silicon line hold up to the heat alittle better. good luck.:D

Dudley

3. NEK5

thanks....who makes that and also how much was that kit?

thanks in advanced bro

BIGBEN

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  4. crash81

crash81 1/2 ton status

what kit are you talking about? i bought my stuff from different dealers so as i could piece together what i wanted, i also installed a vacuum reference adjustable fuel pressure regulator and milled my tbi top and polished the bores. so let me know what kit you are asking about and I'll help all i can.:D

Dudley

5. NEK5

the hose kit?? and whats the vaccum fuel pressure regulator?

6. crash81

crash81 1/2 ton status

the hose kit came from auto zone i don't have the part# for it but it on the shelf with the fuel lines and so forth. the regulator lets you set your wot fuel psi to like 15psi and at idle the vacuum pulls it back down to around 8psi as to not let your motor run rich at idle.

Dudley

7. NEK5

oh...well i went and grabbed the hose kit..only 16 bux...not bad

BIGBEN

8. NEK5

any tips or tricks for me with puttin in the spacer???? i might try to put it in after school tomorrow?

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

not sure if your aware, but that kit is for 88-95 pickups. some of the parts like the ram air tube will not work. all the tbi stuff should fit tho.

10. NEK5

well i didnt know that...but i have come to the conclusion that the ram air tube wont fit..oh well...every thing else does!

11. NEK5

ok its in...i just have a question....it seems that with it installed my engine goes into higher rpms before it shifts and when the trucks cold and i shift into R or D it will feel real rough and push the truck forward or backward...is this normal..it goes away when its warmed up becuase it did it when i left for school and when i got there it didnt

12. NEK5

here is a pic of everthing in

kit.JPG

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

About the shifting, the spacer moved the tb up an inch. When you do this, it messes up your tv cable adjustment. You need to re adjust the tv cable in order to get the tranny shifting right. I wouldnt suggest driving it much until you get it adjusted right. An improperly adjusted tv cable can wear out the tranny in a matter of miles.:eek1: The tv cable adjusts main line pressure, and when its out of adjustment the tranny will not shift right.
    -Harrison

14. NEK5

ok so how do i do that???also when i am goin slow coming to a stop it idles kind of rough...shaking the truck a lil...what could that be?

15. NEK5

i tried checkin out tvmadeez but i didnt really understand it

16. NEK5

so i brought it down to my local tranny shop...and my tv cable is messed up...neither i or them could get it to disengage or get it to move out when u turn the throtle bracket to W.O.T.....so i have to either take out the spacer for good,take it out for now and have them order one..put it in monday..then put spacer back in....THEN GO BACK DOWN THERE AGAIN to have it adjusted, or just dont drive it till monday and beg my grandmother to let me borrow her car???? wat should i do guys??? if i take it out for good any one want it?

17. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Did your spacer come with small spacers and new bolts to raise the TV cable bracket?
    I had one on my Burb for a few years and that was what was in my kit to get the alignement back. Even then it was a pain to get it adjusted correctly and I eventually took mine out.
    I would be interested to see how well the injector spacer works out though.

18. NEK5

well i bought longer bolts and washers from home depot and my tv`z adjusted right....kinda hard to see a difference with injector spacer because that wasnt the only thing i did....but i got a little quicker acceleration and some more power and gained about 2mpg