Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jeg's true dual kit for blazers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Nov 10, 2000.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Jeg\'s true dual kit for blazers

Hey,
    I'm looking for a cheap exhaust alternitive. Dynomax has a set of pre-bent true dual pipes for K5's for just $110. All you do is add mufflers. ($31 each for cheap dynomaxs) It doesn't have cats and is setup to work with the headers i just put on. It is 16 gauge, 2 1/4 pipe. Yes i know it is not emissions legal but i'll take care of that later. My question is - Has anyone purchased this kit or purchased dynomax mufflers before ? I'm sure it will be better than the rigged up 2.5 inch straight pipes i put on but was just looking for past experiences. thanks.
    Blake

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Jeg\'s true dual kit for blazers

I bought this kit with the Dynomax Turbo mufflers and I like it. I did run into two problems on my '73 while trying to install. The first one was that the pipes wouldn't even come close to fitting with the unknown brand rusty headders that came with my blazer. I fixed this by getting a set of Dynomax Headers and they bolted up with no problems. The second problem I had was getting the tailpipes(side exit, behind tires) to fit with my 4" lift and 35" tires. I never could get the pipes into a position that was acceptable to me, so I ended up cutting the pipes short and routing them to exit angled down just past the rear axle and I think I like this setup better than the side exit anyway. My opinion on the Turbo mufflers is they are a bit too quiet and probably a bit restrictive compared to Borla or Flowmaster and will change mine out eventually. When ordering the kit(from Summit, I think) I also ordered an exhaust crossover kit, which I installed just before the mufflers and like it too.

3. ColAdo82K5

What inlet/outlet setup are the mufflers ?

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

They're reversible center one side, offset on the other.

5. ColAdo82K5

Thanks Jason !! I ordered the kit and mufflers yesterday via Jeg's webpage. I'll be sure to tell everyone how the company did and how well the product worked out.
    Blake

6. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

Anyone know if they make a dual exhaust kit like the one monetioned that will fit a 87

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

7. ColAdo82K5

Hey,
    The description says it fits 73-88 Blazers. I'm not sure why it stops at 88 and not 91 but i'll try to give you some insight once I get the kit in the mail.
    Blake

8. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

GREAT!!!!!!!

I've been looking all over for a dual kit for my blazer. I'm going to order one as soon as I can.

Todd Miller

love my blazer, and 43 carryall

9. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

I called Jegs customer service about the kit for 73-88 Blazers. I asked the rep "it says its made for 73-88 Blazers but there were a bunch of different transmissions and transfer cases offered along with two wheel drive and four wheel drive. Can you tell me what exactly this fits or won't fit?" His reply was, "It says the kit is for 73-88 Blazers" I asked him is that all he can tell me and he said yes it fits 73-88 Blazers. He couldn't confirm it fit or didn't fit any model in that year range. Boy some customer service. I like Jegs but talk about useless help. What a waste of a human's time

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

10. ColAdo82K5

Hey,
    I got the kit in the mail. I ordered sunday afternoon and recieved it wednesday morning. It was shipped in two boxes. The pipes are mandrel bend and very high quality. I comes with more than enough hardware- mounts to go on the frame, then metal and rubber hangers then clamps. The way the kit is set-up it could fit just about anything with a little modification. It is also made in a stock exhaust manifold version with 4 extra extension pipes. I'm going to hook up the header version to my flowtechs. I'll tell you how it ends up.

11. ColAdo82K5

Hey,
    I got the kit in the mail. I ordered sunday afternoon and recieved it wednesday morning. It was shipped in two boxes. The pipes are mandrel bend and very high quality. I comes with more than enough hardware- mounts to go on the frame, then metal and rubber hangers then clamps. The way the kit is set-up it could fit just about anything with a little modification. It is also made in a stock exhaust manifold version with 4 extra extension pipes. I'm going to hook up the header version to my flowtechs. I'll tell you how it ends up.
    Blake

12. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I got this same set up and put it on a 79 with 203 xfer case and Hedmans. Had to take the right pipe and cut it, and have a new "S" bent piece put in. On Hedman's, the right hedder tucks up higher than the left to clear the drive shaft. Other than that, I used the crossover kit from Summit and I believe it was either 14" or 13 1/2" mufflers (center inlet, offset outlet). and it went together smooth. One other thing, the opening is expanded for a 2 1/2" collector adaptor.

13. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

Blake- let me know how it goes. Im planning on running flowtech afterburners and the dynomax system. I agree that the kit is high quality. I recently installed their manifold dual kit on a 77 pickup without any problems.

Casey 86K5

http://86blazer.coloradok5.com