Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jegs vs. Summit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Nov 7, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Well, which would you recommend?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Either or.. Both are about the same. Jegs is sometimes a dollar or two higher in price but they have similar service... I have never dealt with Jegs cutomer service to complain or report a wrong part so I am not sure how they are.. Summit's cust. service has been lacking the last couple times I have had problems, very rude people sometimes!

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I have always had better service from Summit. Just my opinion though!

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have used Summit and I have always been happy with their service and selection.

My .02,
    John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

When I was shopping for headers, I called first summit and they gave me a good price, then Jegs, but their price was higher. I told the rep that Summit had a lower price and he just told me "well this is our price, there's nothing I can do". I said thank you and ordered them from Summit Racing.

Bad luck getting the wrong rep? I don't know, but they lost my business for this and many many other orders. Besides, all of their prices are usually higher.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> My vote is definately for Summit ....... I tried to deal with Jeg's once and regretted it ....... It took 2 months to straighten out that one simple order !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

summitt. i ordered 4 wheels from them @ 11am PST and it was delivered the NEXT DAY at 10am. less than 24hrs.[​IMG] but in a good way [​IMG]

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

8. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I've dealt with both and prefer summit. This is especially true if something goes wrong. Jegs can be a pain for service. I've never been anything but pleased with the service from summit.

9. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

summit, hands down. I've dealt with Jegs a few times, and have been unsatisfied with their service. Not terrible, just not as good as summit.

-BuSH
    '83 K5 Blazer
    '98 Monte Carlo z34

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Been dealing with Summit for years. Only ever had a problem 1 time and it was not a big deal.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

11. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I've never dealt with Jegs, but a few months ago I sent Summit an email asking if a certain manufacturer made a cat-back system for my 83, and they replied within an hour with the packages available, the part numbers, and all the misc stuff that didn't come in the kit. I expected a reply within a week, not a day. Shipment got here damned fast, too. No complaints here.

<font color=red>I will not tolerate intolerance </font color=red>[​IMG]

12. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had nothing but good dealings with Summit. I have never delt with Jegs. Carparts.com on the othe hand I have had a couple of headaches.

Mike.

77'/87' 3/4 ton Burb, 400cu, sm465, np205, 14boltff, dana44, 4.10s, 35in BFG's.

13. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

Hey All,
    I like Summit, mainly for the reason that thier store in Reno is about a half hour from my house. So that makes it easy for me.

Todd Miller
    Lake Tahoe, CA

IF IT'S SNOWING AND DEEP I'LL BE MAKING TRACKS!!!!!

14. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

The poeple at summit are friendly in my experience and i get parts next day from Reno wharehouse...so I tend to use them.

Shutup Brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip - Homer J. Simpson

15. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Have used both no complaints.

16. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I've used Summit a number of times and I am very pleased with their service. I have returned parts a few times with no problem at all. I have had a few large orders and they have never screwed up.
    Jeff

17. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Summit or Jegs, Apples or oranges, lets see they both sell good stuff and I have had no problem with either. Now Herbert Performance is a company that I will never do business with. They are rude and accuse you of improper install of you have a problem. Bought a set of heads from them and I finally got everything worked out in 3 months. They do not care what your problem is, they do not warranty thier products, the mfg. does and they do not care about you they just want your money. I stopped payment on the credit card and took the to the BBB, I finally got my problem resolved.

18. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not quite what you asked, but I say local speed shop. I can get *almost* everything cheaper, and just as fast, from my local speed shop, as I can from Summit. (never tried Jegs) Timing chain was the sole exception. But, for example, local speed shop I paid $150 for the Vortec Performer intake, last Jegs I looked in it was $175. Besides, if you have to complain, you can do it to their faces.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

19. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Which ever one has free shipping at the time of the order. I have also used www.macromotive.com and they were good to deal with.

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I won't get a thing from Summit anymore.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles