Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jegs wires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by alf4444, Feb 7, 2006.

1. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever used em?

I need new wires for my 97 and they have their name brand set at $30 which is a hell of alot cheper than anything else

2. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

cheaper isn't always better I use Taylor wires about 50 a set could be had cheaper online i would say but they work really well

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I used to be a huge fan of the Taylor Spiro Pro wires. But they went to a 90-day warranty, so I no longer feel they're worth the price. :(

4. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

so what you using now?

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I got them to agree to replace one old set that I had, but only because I still had the "Lifetime Warranty" form that came in the box. Once those die, I'll probably just go back to the Autolite lifetime wires. They're only around $20 for a set and are available at parts stores everywhere. They don't look as cool as the Taylor wires, but they work just fine. :)

6. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

MSD!! :waytogo: I assume we're talking about plug wires. Could always get some cool yellow Accell's!!

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i like the MSD's too, its what i ran on the Chevelle..... never been a fan of any Accel products tho...

right now the DD has AC on it, been a damn good wire, 2 yrs on em and they look great....

8. trailblazr81

I was joking about the Accell's. Ive used AC Delco's before. Would again if I had a newer and/or relativelly stock motor.

9. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Joke or not accells are what I'm replacing they only lasted 10k I will never buy them again!:mad:

10. trailblazr81

Go with MSD 8.5mm Red Super Conductor. Nothing will match the 40-50 Ohm per foot resistance. Ive used 'em for years. Even with 1 plug boot resting against a header pipe they worked flawlessly. Ya the $56.99 price tag is a bit much but they get the job done. I also run MSD HEI distributor and 6AL ignition. Summit an Jegs brand is just another cheap brand with their name on it. The Jegs brand and Accell wires are both $30 so I am thinking both are equally crappy.

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i associate Accel with Champion.. 2 companies living off a name they got 30 yrs ago... its insane the difference in quality between an AC Delco plug and a chumpion...

12. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

MSD's are great and I'm running them on my 78 although I need these for my 97 and for some reason they charge more for vortec I am planning on selling it this summer so really don't want to dump a bunch of money on it

13. trailblazr81

Is there really any difference or is this just another "its newer so we'll charge more" things. I thought Vortec's were still regular distributor with normal wires to plugs. If they are then any wires for SB Chevy should work.