Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jensen CD?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, Oct 20, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm either condidering a Jensen combo Head unit, or a Kenwood setup...Links below. Which would you choose and why? Are either any good? And where did I leave that dang pb$J sandwich???

Jensen

Kenwood changer

Kenwood head unit

I want cassette to listen to audio books, and sermon type tapes. Want CD to listen to burned music and bought music. If I go with the changer, I want mp3 capability. Gimme your opinions.

This is not going to be a super Hi Fi system. More than likely sticking with stock speakers, and a 200 watt kenwood amp on a single 12" ESX sub under the rear seat. This is all going in a 2002 Dodge quad cab. Thanks

Bryan

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Nobody? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Given the choice you've listed, I'd go with the Kenwood set up. Given my choice, I'd go JVC. I'm really liking JVC anymore. I've been impressed with the improvements JVC has mad to thier quality. Well worth consittering in my opinion.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Jensen sucks. The only decks that I saw come back for service more than Jensen was Koss or Audiovox. They are all cheap quality crap. Kenwood isn't even in the same catagory. Get the Kenwood.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'd just mount it under the front seat, but it's not mp3 compatible. Currently thinking of going with some sort of music keg.