Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jerry can holder

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stickshooter, Jun 5, 2002.

1. stickshooter

stickshooter Registered Member

Does any one make a jerry can holder that I can weld to a bumper/tire carrier of my own design, or do I have to fab my own?

2. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

Do you have an ARMY surplus store anywhere near you? If not let me know theres one not too far from here.Thats where I found one a long time ago. Might try J.C. Whitney. Otherwise you may have to fab one up.

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Where are you at it would help us try to help you Fill out your profill

4. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I saw some at 4WPW just the other day for ten bucks. They have two sets of bolt holes so you can mount them on top of something or on the side of something. $9.95

5. 1972_K5

1972_K5 Registered Member

I don't know where your at but out here D&B and Tractor Supply Stores carry them.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

First off the Blitz brand Jerry cans suck! Get a real NATO can. seal much better. Fab the bracket. Most steel places have 2inch wide strips of 3/16 steel , It's thing enough you can bend it with a decent size bench vice and a small sledge. Shape it to the can and them make some tabs for either a strap or make a bracket to lock over it.
    http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/Home
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
    Both placed have the NATO cans. Sprtsmansguide is a little cheaper. Type "gas can" into the search box to pull them up.