Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jerry Rice Streak over

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Sep 19, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm not all about records being more important than the game like home runs in baseball (Thats a different rant), but how hard is it to get the guy one freakin catch. He has had 274 consecutive games starting in 1985 with a catch, and they just couldn't do it today. The record will probably never be broken, but I think he desrves the catch. I am a die hard Raiders fan, but kneeling on the ball with 1:20 left that sh!t just irritates me. Anyway sad day for Rice ending his impressive streak /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

The Raiders aren't any good anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

See you on Halloween. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

... and the Bengals beat Miami in Cincinnati in prime time on national television (ESPN).

The sky will fall tomorrow!

GO BUNGLES !!

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Jerry Rice, Yeah I remember that guy from back in the olden days /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Nah, Miami is right up there with San Francisco as one of the worst teams in the NFL. I would have been surprised if the Bengals lost.

6. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

While I agree Rice is one of the greats.... is it better to burn out, or just fade away? He's no longer in his prime, but can argue he's still better than some of the kids playin'. I don't think Rice would want to be tossed the ball, just to continue his already impressive...no pride in that.

Anyway, KC better start doing somethin' cuz I can't take it! Crap on both sides of the ball... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Miami is right up there with San Francisco as one of the worst teams in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Are you kidding?? The Bengals were the laughing stock of the NFL for an entire decade!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Do you know how long I've endured snide comments and sometimes downright nasty remarks from my friends because I root for Cincy? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I would have been surprised if the Bengals lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hell - they ALMOST blew it there at the end! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

That was the past. They were a good team last year and are a pretty good team this year. They have a good coach, and if Palmer continues to develop, a pretty explosive offense.

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yeah - last years 8-8 record suprised me (pleasantly I might add). They put together some commanding drives last night too, but other times looked like the same old Bungals. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Time will tell.