Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jersey junkyards....

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by ryoken, Jul 7, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

anyone know any good pick and pulls/junkyards in central or even southern jersey?

i know a few up north on 1 and 9 in the Rahway area, but was wondering about any down the shore area?

used to be a great one up in Washington, NJ up north, some cars so old, they're up in trees /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

used to be a great one up in Washington, NJ up north, some cars so old, they're up in trees /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">there still is a great one in washington

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

there is a cool one in jamesburg right off oof lincoln ave. (i think thats the road) either way it is called black and red.

then there is cosmos on double trouble road, but i just went there and they only had like 2 blazers, plus the lady was a bitch!

you find a sweet one, let me know!!!

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

cool, i'll have to check out the jamesburg one.. cosmo's is the only one i know of...

how you making out with the rig? if ya need a hand pm me.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thanks paul, i will for sure. check out my post in the garage section for pics. i had to fab a piece for the kick down cable, but it should work like a charm!!!

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

there is one in harmony nj.it is called shandors.it is off rought 519 down by the river.i got most of my parts there.they just started crushing some stuff though.

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Ponte's Auto Parts in Mantua is great. They're not much for browsing, but they have all their parts stripped and laid out in groups by type and make. Ask for Kathy or Frank there. I called about about a yoke and nut for a 205 and they said 'yeah, of course' like it was nothing. They pulled it off a 205 and charged me a few bucks and I was on my way.

There are also a few decent yards in Vineland.

If you put your address in Yahoo Yellow pages, and navigate to the following business type, they have a pretty good listing.

Top &gt; Business to Business &gt; Shipping and Transportation &gt; Transportation Equipment &gt; Wholesalers and Distributors &gt; Automobile &gt; Used

8. jrs4x4parts

jrs4x4parts Guest

Hi fellow four wheelers. I have sort of a 'junkyard'. I save any 4x4s I can.They don't make them like they used to,you know owner repaired freindly.or heavy duty /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have tons and tons of four wheel drive parts. Mostly chevy/gm 1 ton through 1/2 ton pick ups, subs, blazers. Most of the parts have been removed by me and stock piled. I usually have some carcasses waiting to be picked but I have a very small yard, So I try to keep them minimal. If theres anything you need just let me know. I have several freinds who also save these old treasures from the crusher so if I don't have what you need maybe they can help.I'm convenaintly located in Morganville NJ near Englishtown Racewaypark. 1 mile from RT9 and just off exit 29 RT 18.www.jrs4x4parts.com you can e-mail me there direct. Thanks JR. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif