Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jet chip vs. hypertech power programmer

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by xchevyxtc, Apr 8, 2002.

1. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

i have a 2002 chevy silverado truck with the 5.3 litre v8 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these two products i am looking to get the jet chip or the hypertech power programmer but am unsure...any info on either one would be of great help..thanks in advance....

2. 70_K5

70_K5 Registered Member

i have a 99 tahoe 2 door and i have the hypertech power programer in that. i love it except for paying for super gas (u don't have to set it for super just i do) u have a 2002 so u will new a programer ur truck has OBDII and does not use a chip. i have never really heard of jet chip either, people i talked to loved the hypertech or hated it for some odd reason. i like it a lot better throttle responce :-)

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Can you adjust for larger tires with the OBDII programer?

4. 70_K5

70_K5 Registered Member

yes you can adjust for different tire size and axle ratio. i liked my programer a lot

5. bassplayer4x4

bassplayer4x4 Registered Member

I like my Hypertech too. Very easy to use, and better yet as I make changes on my truck I can go back and change the programming, ie. I am about to get bigger tires, I can go back and change the performace curve from that.
    I get better acceleration, but not the slam I was looking for, then I found out I only have 3.42's on truck -- no wonder its got no @ss -- I am going to 4.10's when I get enought jack saved up. That and dual exhaust. But for versatility you can't beat the Hypertech.