Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jet stage 2 ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattyblazer, Nov 28, 2002.

1. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

I recently put a chip and headers in my 87 and now it seems to idle too low, like it might stall between gears (drive, neutral, reverse) temp is good and normal running is good, idle is the only bad thing happening.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine idles pretty high, mabey we should park next to each other and may even themselves out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh i got that chip, and since its gotten cold, my truck is a pita to start, so tomorow or today (depends on what time people leave) im gonna put my factory one back in and see if it fixes it. It might be that its cold, and the stage 2 is giving it 2 much gas flooding it out.

4. mattyblazer

Mine is starting great, but once it gets hot is seems to struggle to keep running when the truck is in gear, I have recently changed the fuel filter and am planning to do the bed floor, so while its out I will do the fuel pump etc., but I am told that messing with the stop screws on the throddle that I can have bad results with my T.P.S..

Since the change in the chip I have smoother acceleration, but I dont feel like it is eneough to make it worth while, so I might put back the factory chip.

I was just hoping that with all the knowledgable guys here someone might have known a fix.

-Matt

5. mattyblazer

So tonight I used the truck and the performance was better, I took a long ride on the highway and noticed that it didnt have to work as hard as usual, and definately runs alot smoother.

-Matt

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

So you put the stock chip back in, or just left the Jet in?

Personally not a big advocate of those chips, people that have "scanned" them have proven that they do almost nothing worthwhile.

7. mattyblazer

The chip fromjet is still in. I am waiting for a tech support response from jet, what do you think though, can I turn an idle screw with out messing something up? (TPS)

Thanks
    -Matt

8. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I dont think there are any idle adjustment screws on a TBI. I THINK there is some special procedure to adjust the idle speed. The best thing to do would be to get a repair manual, I believe the haynes tells how to do it.

9. mattyblazer

OK,
    I got to one of there people and was told that based on the #'s on my computer, that there was some kind of upgrade that was missed when they burned my chip, and that I would have to send the chip back to them to be re burned.

-Matt

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, if it is free to "upgrade", (actually, to correct their mistake) great, but I still believe those chips are basically snake oil.

11. mattyblazer

I dont want to think that, my shrink says I'm too negative, you know think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts.

-Matt

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ok i didnt take my chip out, it was my temp sensor bad so thats why it was a pita to start.