Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jet VS TCI 700r4 Transmission

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JOEBLAZER12, May 31, 2000.

1. JOEBLAZER12

JOEBLAZER12 Registered Member

My 700r4 transmission is on its way out and I'm shopping around. I know both Jet and TCI (as well as B&M, etc) make hi performance transmissions. What is the difference between the one from Jet and the one from TCI, besides the price? The Jet one is around $2000 and the TCI is around $1200. Anyone have any experience with either of these?
    Thanks for any help.

JOE
    '89 Blazer

2. Try http://www.700r4.com The prices are awesome!! This is one of the replies I got back from Steve Holmes at Bowtie Overdrives!!

Prices as follows;

Th-700r4 transmission with a heavy duty torque converter is $1020.00. This price includes the core charge of $225.00. We use nothing but late model (1988 to 1993) cores, perform a blueprint overhaul using only quality brand name components like Raybestos. Every transmission features a new pump rotor and vanes, H.D. Sprag, bushings (double in most major areas), custom built servo assembly, larger boost valves, special accumulators, custom shift calibration, nine frictions and steels in the 3/4 clutch pack, special band anchoring just to name a few things. We perform over 40 upgrades and modifications for increased durability and strength. The torque converter features a Kevlar friction, largest dampening springs available, torrington bearing to replace the thrust washer, best available sprag, new steel pump drive bushing, Brazed turbine vanes and the assembly is precision balanced for smooth operation. These transmissions have a bushing brazed into the pan for a convenient location for a temperature gauge sender and doubles as a drain plug.
    T.V. (throttle valve) cable adapter system for your carburetor is $42.00. This cable controls all pressure manufacture and is the major outside influence on shift timing and feel. The importance of getting this system calibrated for your vehicle cannot be overstated. While other companies tell you it's important, we offer the parts and easy to follow instructions on how to establish this relationship correctly. All of our transmissions come with illustrated instructions on this critical set up.
    VDO transmission temperature gauge and sender unit for $39.00. This has a black housing and black letters on a white background. There is an optional mounting bracket available for $11.00. This bracket is also a matching semi gloss black. A temperature gauge is a great tool to have anytime, but is essential while towing, and is the only way to monitor the efficiency of the coolng system. All of our transmissions come with a bushing already installed into the pan for a simple installation.
    28,000 gross vehicle weight rated cooler (this is the finest cooler we can find for the money) at $82.00. This cooler comes with all the necessary hoses and hardware for an easy installation. We always like to add coolers to a stock system as insurance. We absolutely do not recommend that these cooler be used as stand alone units, the radiator cooler is the best unit and is the heat stabilizer. You will notice that all factory transmission cooling systems use a radiator as the starting point and only in extreme application (ie. heavy duty towing packages) do they add auxillary coolers to this basic system. Our telephone number during the week is (760) 947-5240. Our normal office hours are from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday PST. It ended up being $1340.00 to my house in KY from CA. That is the best price I have found and believe me I have been shopping!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. JOEBLAZER12

JOEBLAZER12 Registered Member

Great information, Thanks!!

4. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

I put 700R4 from steve Homes at bowtieoverdrives.com in my 3/4 ton 8600GVW 82 suburban and am very pleased with it.