Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

i have a 350 with an edelbrock 750 cfs carb i need to jet it down can anyone gimme a suggestion and please dont say buy a holley hahahah the carb is a edelbrock performer i think heh its a gas pig anyway hehehe

if it dont smoke,guzzle gas or cost lots to fix it aint my chevy blazer.

2. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

get a holly 600 an you b ok

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Honestly your best bet would be to go to a holley 600 or 650. You would get better gas miliage, and its alot easier to tune. I have never had luck with edelbrock performer carbs, or carter competion series. They both are set up for 500 plus hp motors. Also they use metering rods, not jets like a holley. Every car that has come into my shop with one on it well replace it, weather its new or not. They come in because it runs rich and doesnt idle right. We tell them in order to fix it they need a holley. Problem solved.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

See Tim I told ya, get a Holley.

Seriously Tim the Holleys are much more tunable.

You can get new metering rods and all I believe to tune the Edelbrock but Im not sure how expensive they are.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear.

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Not only do you have to figure out which meter rods to use, you have to find somebody to tune it. I personally dont know anybody that has got one to work correctly. Just look at the dragracing scene, everybody uses holley that has a quick car. I use the holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries on the Firebird. Love it, wouldnt trade it for anything.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

6. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

You can buy a kit from Summit that will comes with jets, springs, rods and a manual that shows you how to tune your carb. It's very easy to do.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I thought the holleys didn't perform as well in off-camber positions? Is this true? If so, it may be fine for flat driven vehicles, but not for our rigs. And some of us can't afford TBI right now. Is this off-camber problem true?

Brian
    A new day.... May God be with us all.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Tribute</a>

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Yes the off camber prob is for real but not as bad as people like to make it seem. I have never run into a prob w/ it myself and have been running a Holley since 91. Now if I were into rock crawling it may be different. But on hill climbs and bogging I never had a glitch. I am not going near vertical tho. Maybe a 60-70 percent grade. The best alternative to INJ. is a Q-jet. They seem to run upside down! LOL! They make kits to help the Holley in the off camber situations, they also use them in drag cars for fuel slosh under launch.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]