Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jetting down 1910 edelbrock 850 Q-jet...... need help bad... Frustrated....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silver84k5, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

I got the top and bottom plates off, and i dont see anything that resembles the jets i bought, (PN# 1973) i have two different things that i think are the jets, 2 are on the bottom of the middle plate, right next to eachother, and the other 2 are in the primaries, can anyone help me? ( i know my question is kinda not worded well) thx

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Josh, wish I could help ya, bumping this up to the top.

From what I remember from my Qjet days, there aren't true 'jet' looking things, they are metering rods that hang on a cross rod that you need to play with. Now, that info is for a true factory Qjet, not sure if Edelbrock's are the same or completely diff. Did you put this carb on yourself? Might need accelerator pump adjustments too, rod length changes, etc. I am clueless on that carb, just trying to throw ideas out.........did it come with an instruction book? Can you call Edelbrock?

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The primary metering jets are under the power piston assembly in the float bowl. Check a Chilton's for an exploded view of a Q-jet...that should get you pointed in the right direction.

Rene

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Call AA carb here in Vancouver, the guy can tell you a hundred different things to check over the phone. He's kinda rough, but he's honest. He rebuilt my hashed over q-jet for $130 and once I put it back on my Blazer, I took it to him and he set it up for free. Checked the timing, and a bunch of other stuff too. The number is (360) 737-0949 This guy knows more about every carburator out there than anybody I've ever talked to. A buddy of mine that's been a mechanic for Chevrolet for 15 years learned a few tricks from him.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

havent been able to get on line last 2 days to say thanx, so thanx heh, still tryin to tune the this S.O.B.