Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JFK...who really killed him?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, May 13, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Saw the movie by Oliver Stone this weekend and it really made me wonder. Really opened my eyes, too.

I had seen this movie before, but I was younger then. Now that I'm a little older and paid more attention to the movie, it really got me thinking about the CIA and our government.

So, what does everyone think really happened to Kennedy?

I'm saying Oswald did not pull the trigger and it was others down hiding by the grassy knoll behind the fences.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If our government had a hand in it (and I'm betting they did) then we'll never know.... those guys lie to each other like it's a hobby so us pee ons in the public would never know.... I'm sure now so many years later not even those who knew the truth can tell it right after all the other things they got involved in.... probably warped their minds after so long....

3. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately we will never really know. I think Oswald was just the fall guy. I think that's why Jack Ruby killed him.
    My third grader had to do a paper on Kennedy and we searched the internet and found the Kennedy Library. It's pretty interesting if you'd like to check it out. http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/jfk_biography.html

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree that the movie makes you wonder. But wasn't that the intent of the film makers ?????

5. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

You're right, it was the intent of the film makers. Oliver Stone wanted to force us to think about all of it. I'm pretty sure that most of what was discussed is very close, if not entirely accurate. Oswald wasn't the only shooter, and he wasn't working on his own. It doesn't take a physicist to realize the "magic bullet" is an impossible answer. Plus, even the best snipers in the world would have a tough time hitting that target, at that angle, with that rifle, in that amount of time. And those parameters are accepted facts. Definitely a shady situation. There are lots of similar questions dealing with Malcom X's assasination, you just never hear about it.

Anybody know about a statute of limitations expiration sometime in the future? I remember people talking about a certain time when all info regarding the JFK death (Warren report, etc.) would be released.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think it depends on the charge. I believe there is no statute of limitations on Murder.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have no idea if Oswald was just the fall guy, or the shooter, but it is a intresting movie.

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Oswald was a pawn, but he did shoot JFK ! There's no denying that !

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm thinking he may have got a shot or two in there but not all three.

No one can shoot from that book depository window in that fast of time they claimed it took.
    You would need to take into consideration the time to bolt the rifle, aim and squeeze, all in under 6 seconds for 3 shots. Not possible by even the worlds best sharpshooters.

That's why I would say Oswald got at least one shot and the others came from the grassy knoll to finish Kennedy off at the closer range. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

There was a show on TLC about it and they theorized that the fatal shot came from the sewer inlet. It was never checked as was protocol and they had a witness that saw someone removing the top the day before. It empties into a stream near by and is big enough to run through bent over. The angle of the shot the hit him from the front line up perfectly and in the video you can see a puff of smoke from that area. When he stated he was pulling out of Vietnam the business men getting rich from the war would have none of it.

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status