Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jimmy 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jun 1, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Jimmy 4\" lift

I have an '85 Jimmy and want to put a 4" lift on it. I have serious sag in the rear due to the years on the truck and want a kit with full springs. I found one at Rough Country on sale right now for$459 with full springs (tapered with teflon pads), new steering arm, brake line brackets, and shocks. Does anyone know if this is a good deal or too good to be true? They are a good $300 cheaper than anyone else out there.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: Jimmy 4\" lift

I'm putting a rough country lift (4 ")on this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes and how it rides. I couldn't afford to do the rear springs yet. I have heard that a shackle flip in the back will give you a better ride. I'm doing the rear blocks. I got a superlift ez ride helper spring. It's a real long helper spring that goes under the very top spring in the rear and re archs the springs. I let you know [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

3. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal to me. I've got skyjacker components but they are all pretty comparable. You'll have a sag with all springs in the rear if you go completely stock. You could get the after market shackles or blocks to help bring it straight and level. Mine sags but not a lot. I like it kinda sitting up higher up front anyway. Just my opinion though.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.

Are you saying stock National Springs sag in the rear?
    At over 250 each, I sure hope not !

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard.. see this is your first post..
    I too installed a Rough Country 4 inch front/rear spring kit..
    I'm very pleased with it.. and it took the saggyness out of the rear.. truck sits nice and level..
    Pic of my truck are on my site.. link is below..
    Where in Texas are you?
    Fill out your profile with more details..
    Again.. welcome aboard.. [​IMG]

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

6. Ross

Ross Registered Member

i just got a 4" lift for my 86 k5 and it cost me 800 with shocks and a drop stearing arm and everything i need. ya ok ....

1986 white K5