Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jimmy/Blazer Tailgate adjustment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ledzoso, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Ledzoso

Ledzoso Registered Member

My jimmy tailgate is having problems. I have the tailgate with the electric window(unsure if different from manual). There are two problems that may actually be the same. First, when I try to set the tailgate down, I have to push inward, with much effort, on the tailgate to get it to disengage. Second, I have to push inward on the middle section of the tailgate to get the window to come up? Down is not a problem, just up. My hayne's book offers not adjusting techniques. What have you guys done??? Thanks ahead........:mad:

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

You should be able to loosen your latch catches on both sides of the bedside and move them forward a bit. That way the gate will spring loose when you pull the release.
    As far as the window goes, only way to know is to take off the cover and see whats going on in there. Lots of little problems, mostly rust.

3. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

i used to have lots of problems with the tailgate until replaced the rotted tailpan. now i just have uneven gaps. lol.

seeing as how your from texas i dont think you have the same problem i did.
    i know the 8 bolts(4 on each side) that hold the gate to the tailpan has some slight front to back adjustment. good luck.