Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jimmy dinged in an accident!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

My son and Jimmy were innocent victims of a speeder today. I sent my son on an errand this afternoon not far from the house. He hadn't been gone long when the phone rang and he said, "Dad I just got hit, but I am okay." Ran up the street to find a new Tahoe had run a stoplight, t-boned a a Ford Explorer in the passanger side door, and spun it into the Jimmy. My son said the Explorer was about to roll when it hit the Jimmy.

After looking at the damage to the Explorer it is rather scary at the amount of damage that was done when it hit the solid old Jimmy. The drive of the Tahoe walked away, the driver of the Explorer was taken away by Ambulance, but will be okay, she sustained cuts and bruises.

The Jimmy needs a new hood,(how ironic, I bought a hood from Billy Ray yesterday), fender, grill, and a little paint.

This could have been so much worse, but I am very thankful that my son was paying attention and saw that the Tahoe was going to run the light, and that no one was hurt any worse than they were.

Pics: http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2497

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dang, Fred, that is scary, usually happens so close to home too...............glad all is well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm glad everyone is ok /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif still sucks to have happened though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Glad to hear that everyone is doing ok /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif parts can be replaced really easily.

5. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

And the idiot who ran the light never gets hurt it is always the innocent victom. Glad everybody on your side is fine and hope the person in the explorere recovers.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Just glad to hear everybody is ok.

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

First off, glad everyone is okay.
    /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifand now for the edited part /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    ..... i'll just shut my cake hole now.... and sit down /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but hey.... did ya get the girl in the Pj's phone # ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you know... in case she needs anything or help with her trauma/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    ....oh ya.... cool pics, i especially like the one of the stoved in Explorer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I appreciate everyone's support and wishes. I was sitting there at the light and saw that maroon tahoe just going through that intersection like no one was there, smack the Explorer and and then slide into me. I am just thankfull that I didn't idle into the intersection and have the Tahoe t-bone me or sandwich the girl /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel so bad for the girl that was hit, she was just leaving Long Jon Silver's with her order and in her pj's, when some woman knock's the snot out of her. She's in my prayers.

I am also thankful for the help and speedy response from everyone, before I could jump out of my Jimmy, I had people running towards us making sure I was OK.

My dad's right, the Jimmy is fine, better for our truck to be battered than my body. I'm happy that I wasn't in a small car, that Explorer would have flipped ontop of me. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Besides, the body damage makes it look like I had eventfull day out at K-Rocks /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just glad you're okay. Auto body damage can be repaired alot easier then human body damage

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I am amazed from the damage to the explorer that the woman driving wasn't hurt worse.
    Well it seems to me that the paint will not be able to be matched and they are going to have to paint the whole Jimmy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Grim, look at the vertical cut on the rear ds door, that is where it hit grill guard(actually that thing just protects the lights, which it did a good job of). Based upon the amount of damage, I am glad it didn't hit in the passengers door.

Talking to the insurance co may be interesting. I will probably take a cash settlement and fix the hood, fender, grill, and paint, but not the grill guard or bumper. Why fix a bumper that I plan on replacing anyway?

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would just pound out the dents the best you can, swap hoods, and take the money and run. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah I can't believe the amount of damage I caused to the Explorer, the side that the Tahoe hit could more than likely be fixable. As you can see, the side that hit me is a total lost. I gues thats whats happens when you hit a 6,000lb rig thats still; just like a brick wall /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif