Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jimmy Sabotage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2L Jimmy, Feb 10, 2002.

1. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey All,

Listen to what happened to me on Saturday evening.
    I was at our local natural park with the wife, one of the kids and her friend cross country skiing (parked in a kinda secluded parking area). A great day was had by all and the sun started going down and temperatures dropped so the little ones started to get cold. So naturally we decided to leave then and there. We get to the Jimmy and all is fine.We drive home and all is still fine.Now it is time to drive the kids friend home so we all load up in the Jimmy and off we go,still everything is ok untill we get half way to her friends house when all of a sudden we hear and feel a big bang and the truck dips dramatically in the front....I lost my drivers side front tire and rim, it just rolled by us and kept on goin'. So to my amazement I look to my wife and say "Hey thats our tire".I was only doing about 25 mph when it happened and decided not to hit the brakes and just let the truck come to a slow and controlled stop. The truck is now riding on the rotor and we come to our stop (just my luck) a police station, so I ran in and told him what had just happened.The officer was real cool about it and asked if any body was hurt .Thank God no-one was.So I called up my best friend and asked him to come and get the family and to bring his big floor jack.So he finally shows up and off we go to pick up the proper tools necessary inorder to do the job .
    We get back to the truck jack her up and bent the dust shield straight behind the rotor.Luckily I had extra lug nuts at home so the truck went back together and drove like nothing ever happened.God these trucks are GREAT vehicles. Tough as nails they are. So it turns out that somebody was trying to steal my rims and probably gave up and left it at that #@&&* jerk could have killed us over a supid thing like that.
    Any ways I had to tell you all about it ..just to show the strength of these trucks..truely amazing.(like a rock).

I still cant believe it,no dammage to the truck at all not even the rotor and the hub was not even affected.

Thanks
    Mike

1989 GMC Jimmy 6.2L 4x4,1969 Camaro Z/28 502 C.I. B.B.C.
    BLOOD,SWEAT AND GEARS!

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Glad to hear nobody got hurt. It sounds like it might be time to install a set of those keyed anti-theft lug nuts, eh?

Those frriggin' punks should get jobs and try something novel - like BUYING thier stuff once in a while.......GRRRRR!!![​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It always made me wonder when PUNKS do that crap and someone actually dies as a result and they find out , say from the news or paper if it even affects them, the bastards anyhow, glad to hear nobody got hurt...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

thats is a hell of a story. Im glad everyone was okay. Im glad your were driving a jimmy and not one of those other things. Else bad things might have happend.

DUKE
    Why go around when you can go over?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://student.fortlewis.edu/~rdgebhardt/>http://student.fortlewis.edu/~rdgebhardt/</a>
    85 K5 <font color=blue>Big Blue</font color=blue>

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

"at our local natural park " ???

Beware... I know a lot of eco-nazi's have done some nasty stuff to rigs parked in parks... especially lifted ones. I've heard this story man times over. They will loosen you lugs so you loose a wheel and hoppefully flip your rig. Talk about scum!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch&gt;http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch&lt;/a&gt;

6. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Mikey is right I have read a few posts about guys coming back to their rig and the lug nuts were gone.
    I swear if I caught someone doing that they would have to explain to a proctoligist why a bunch of lugnuts were in a place they shouldn't be.
    That's if they were able to talk at all. [​IMG]

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

You gotta love what eco-nazi's will do in the name of "preserving nature". Around here they like to dump 50 lb cases of roofing nails in the creeks where our trails cross them. They also put spiked boards and barbed wire in the mud holes. One of the guys at school got a tire slashed, and then when he went to take his spare off the tire carrier, that one was cut too. If I ever caught someone messing with my rig I'd give em a ride to the police station strapped to my front bumper.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

About 5 years ago, I caught a dirtbag trying to break into the K5. After I tackled him and smashed his face into the pavement 3 or 4 times, he jumped up like nothing had happened- the dude was high as a kite. Well I kept dropping him and after about 3 minutes he managed to get a little penknife out and slashed my legs as he got up for the 10th or 12th time.......That got me mad!!!!!!

Me and a neighbor finally managed to subdue the dude and when the cops showed up, it took three of them to get the cuffs on him......

A little off-topic, but I LOVE telling that story.[​IMG] You guys are lucky, you got the shortened version[​IMG].

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn that is a scary story...Did you have wheel lock's?

If you were on the freeway,you would have flipped!! Glad you made it out safe!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Yeah... I agree. Save the enviroment, trees, and animals, but take someones life to do so. wtf are these guys thinking??!?! I understand loving the enviroment and such, and yeah some offroaders do some bad stuff, but there is no reason to take a life or lives. If this is how they deal with stuff why don't they just blow up every factory in the world as they send out pollution... better blow up their yuppie mobile or geo metro cause even those pollute some... oh heck they better just do themselves in too if this is their philosophy cause when they pass gas they are emitting methane into the enviroment. [​IMG] Stupid!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

11. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey All.

Just wanted to say thanks for the expressed interest.
    And yes I just bought some locking nuts for the rims.
    I still cant believe that it happened. If I cought the guy I think I would tire iron his fuc*in' head...no joke.
    Gotta love the trucks though.
    Thanks
    Mike

1989 GMC Jimmy 6.2L 4x4,1969 Camaro Z/28 502 C.I. B.B.C.
    BLOOD,SWEAT AND GEARS!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 6.2L Jimmy on 02/11/02 03:42 PM.</FONT></P>

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, its amazing (and sick) what happens when a group of peeps (enviro-wackos) values the health of the environment over human life. Stupid thing is is that humans are a LOT more fragile than the earth is...if a BIG rock comes down and wipes man kind of the face of the earth...a few million years later you wouldnt even be able to tell that anything had happened. The earth is tough as hell. The slogan should be "save the humans!" not "save the earth"...it can suck up anything we could possibly dish out and more.

that said, I think I'll go out and check my rig to make sure some bastard hasn't messed with it. =(

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>