Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jimmy sabotaged, owner verry VERRY PI$$ED OFF

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by milspecjimmy, Jun 8, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

this saturday was the annual maine mountian jeepers invitational rally, so i decided to go up there with my friend peter and have some fun. now i havent driven my jimmy in about 2 weeks so i figure ill drive it up to his house about 25 miles away. i jump in it and start it up and every thing is fine. i get rolling and go about 6 miles. now this is exactly how long it takes to get up to full temp. i notice it is running a little hot, and when i stop at a stop sign the lower hose pops off. not kool. so i shut it down and walked back to my house. all along thinking that the lower hose had ruptured. so i get home and get 3-4 gallons of water and a new lower hose and also got a neighbor to take me back to it. when i get there i open the hood and what do i see? the lower hose just popped off the radiator and the clamp was still on there but had been loosened all the way up. so i pop it back on and tighten the hose and all is fine. so i miss the meeting time from all of this and miss the trail ride. when i get home i see my father. keep in mind that all this time my truck is not parked at the house but at our shop up the street. so my dad tells me that every night he hears a car up there but never sees any one there by the time he walks up. so i go and take a close look. and i find that there are some very distinct tracks in the dirt beside where i parked the jimmy. now just to find the bastard that loosened my hose. grrrrrrr............ why are people so friggin stupid

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I say park it up there again but with you and a video camera and a cell phone ready to call the cops. Depending on the damage done it could be a felony. Wouldn't it be great to catch someone in the act and hold him until the cops showed up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My biggest pet peve is messing with someone's rig or stealing it.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

There's a kid in the neighborhood that I jumped all over cos he blew thru a stop sign in front of my house. Ever since that day I've had shocks suddenly hanging, my front drive shaft mysteriously lost two retaining bolts, a flat tire but no hole when I took it be repaired...... little things like. The only thing that bothers me is the drive shaft. That could be serious. I can't accuse him cos I haven't caught him, but if I do.......

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't stand it when people mess with other peoples vehicles. I don't care how big a dickhead they are or whatever you don't mess with someones ride. You punch them in the face or something, don't be a Pu$$y behind their backs and hide just get it over with. I know how much I put into my ride and I would probably kill someone if I caught them messing with my K5.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You're lucky. It could have been worse. The person(s) could have robbed parts off the truck and left your rig unable to move at all. A clamp is nothing to worry about.

Now that you have this problem fixed, nows the time to get the hood locking mechanism like most trucks have. The kind that uses the latch in the cab to unlock it. If your rig is not equipped with one, search the salvage yards and rob one off of a truck that has one.

Then to make sure no one gets under the hood after you've installed the latch, lock the doors. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah it could have been much worse, I know a kid who had his brake lines cut. He accussed me and some friends. I damn near beat him just for accussing me, I would never do that to anyone no matter how much they pissed me off.

8. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Last year I must've pissed these two guys off and they let the air out of my two right side tires, put flour in the vent duct, and sugar in my right tank. Luckily I caught it before I started it up. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I happened to see one of the guys' bikes locked on the rack, so late at night my tow strap somehow got connected to it, ripped the front wheel off, drug the bike about a mile down the road, then accidentally backed over it. Whoops! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

So you've stooped to their level of crime, too, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You should have just called the authorities and let them take over, especially if you knew who did that stuff to your rig. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem a while back. Someone thought it was funny to change the plug wires around on my motor. They are visible and easily reached thru the wheel house. It was ALWAYS on the right side, the side away from my bedroom window. This went on for MONTHS. Id get in and it would be missing or backfiring thru the carb. It reached the point where I started checking my wires EVERY DAMN DAY. When I got to where I was always checking them it stopped. So I pretty well suspect it was someone real nearby me so they were watching me and decided the fun was over. The very last time it happened I stood in my driveway screaming that if I caught who was doing it I would make their life miserable daily, AFTER I beat them senseless. I never did figure out who it was...lucky for them.

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

And I quote John Travolta... "You just don't F*** with another man's vehicle..." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Hold em for the cops /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif How about wait in the truck with a baseball bat and teach them a real lesson /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

American culture has turned the average American into a big pu$$y. We are raised (not me) to never deal with problems directly, instead we should call the cops. Not me, if I catch you messing with something of mine, whoever saw you last just might be the last person to ever see you.

milspecjimmy - If you think they will come back I would camp out and break their legs at the least.

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Not me, if I catch you messing with something of mine, whoever saw you last just might be the last person to ever see you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would risk spending the rest of your life in prison because of your attachment to a vehicle? That's pretty ridiculous....... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

FWIW, I feel the same way but only if it involves my family. I will defend my property to a certain point, but I'm not gonna spend 25 years in the Big House over a $5000 truck. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

only problem with that is, He really has no way to prove they did it, I dont think they are going to take fingerprints, and cops prolly wouldnt do jack [naughty word], Atleast thats the expirience ive had when i have tried to use the cops to do something for me...... Sometimes your just inbetween a rock and a hard place, and ya got to do what you got to do, to make yourself feel better i guess... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

set up a camera... in such a way that it at least gets the tag number... take it to the station and request a patrol be there between certain hours for a couple of days... they'll catch someone

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just remember that is some parts of this country, defending your property with deadly force is permissable..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i feel for ya, milspec. why just last summmer as i might have already told you. i came outside to see that someone tried to steel my 1000$ winch /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.. they unbolted it but like the idiots they were for trying to steel it, they couldn't figure out how to lift it out of the bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... well i just welded the bolt heads to the bumper /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif...

funny thing is that my rig has always been parked there and since it not my DD it doesn't move much.. it was only after, like 2 weeks after, i painted all one color (blue) (it was like 5 different ones before that :smirk..) that these punks tried hoisting my winch from me.. (punn intended /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

18. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You would risk spending the rest of your life in prison because of your attachment to a vehicle? That's pretty ridiculous....... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

FWIW, I feel the same way but only if it involves my family. I will defend my property to a certain point, but I'm not gonna spend 25 years in the Big House over a $5000 truck. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The repercussions of my actions are at times second to giving somebody what they deserve. It has nothing to do with the value of the object. It is the principle. If somebody wants to screw with your truck then they should be prepared tp pay the price. And yes, you don't have to do jail time for defending your property. Anyways, I am an "eye for two eyes" kind of guy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    And yes, you don't have to do jail time for defending your property

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, brother. You're wrong. If you catch a guy messing with your gear and you beat him half to death YOU'RE the bad guy, not him. Wanna ask me how I know......??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

DO you have a family? As in a wife and kids? If you do, you should be thinking about them first and not your "principles". You'll be useless as a dad and a husband if you do something stupid and get put away for it.

[ QUOTE ]
    I am an "eye for two eyes" kind of guy

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think that's justified? Keep that line of thinking and you'll learn the hard way someday, trust me.

20. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

You sure you just didn't forget to tightent he clamp onm the hose whenever you put it on there, and things just finally came together right to have it finallywork it's way off?

I just find it hard to believe that your dad hears a car up there "every night" and this is all you have had done.

More than likely, someone's parking up there drinking, getting high, or getting laid, and yuor hose just came off by itself.