Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jimmy trim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by August, Jan 24, 2006.

1. August

August Registered Member

Hello,

I actually searching the body side moldings for my 1980 GMC Jimmy. Can the moldings for a pickup will work? or at least wich ones are shared?

I am searching also for a good vendor, any feedback for Classic Industries?
    Cheap vendors like Carpartsdiscounts or Carpartswholesale?

Thanks,
    August from Spain

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pickups, Suburbans and Blazer/Jimmies share the same trim, all other things being equal, around the front (hood, fenders) and the (front) doors.

Your Jimmy, therefore, can use pickup and Suburban door trim, but anything behind the door (i.e. to the rear of the truck) is Blazer/Jimmy-specific.

I say "all other things being equal" as different trim levels have different, well, trim; i.e. Cheyenne comes with the "bright" (silver) trim which might or might not have the black stripe, etc.

Having not bought any of these things, I don't know any good vendors, sorry. Hope the info helps.

-- A

3. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

although this trim is a site that collects water between itself and the steel panel it is adhered (or somewhat adhered) to. creates nice rusty little spots that I really like

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Do you need all of it or just a certain piece? Or do you just want to replace it all with new trim? I have some of mine if you are jusy looking for one piece.