Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JL audio W7

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rebel-Rider, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

i am still looking at what subs to buy now heres my thinking should i do 2 12" solobarics or 1 Jl Audio 12" W7 i can get the W7's for 499

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

If you can get the 12w7 for 500 bucks i would jump all over it... Those subs are running in the 650 to 800 dollar range... But the down side is the w7 will require atleast 1000 watts to run it correctly...

3. Rebel-Rider

that sounds like a good deal thanks for the fast reply i can tell you where to get the JL's if your interested

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I cant afford the w7's right now even if i wanted to... I will be waiting for the new w6 v2's coming soon.. they will look almost identical to the new w7 but will not have the power handling and not quite the throw of the w7... buy they are supposed to kick the crap out of the old w6... they are going to be the bridge between the w3 and the w7...
    cant wait till they get released.....
    here is a link to the w6 v2 if your interested in checking them out also..
    http://www.jlaudio.com/press/W6v2.html

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My first choice is Treo Engineering. They are hard to find, the only place I know that carries them is: Metro Audio Dynamics in Omaha, Ne. Treo's are increadable !!!! http://www.treoonline.com/

6. Rebel-Rider

Re: JL audio W7/W6v2

those are pretty kickass to i like the price even better do you have any idea when they will come out? do you think they'd be better than an L7 solobaric

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Re: JL audio W7/W6v2

well im not really the guy to ask that since i have never really liked anything kicker has produced... Im a firm believer in JL Audio... Ive heard solo's and ive heard W7's and other JL subs and think the JL is a cleaner, louder, harder hitting sub then the solo's

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Prem,

Those W6v2's look COOL!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

That could be just the ticket for my own "rev 2" stereo upgrade!!! JL Audio has that great power chart on their website that shows the "best power range" for the various speakers.

Any idea what the "sweet spot" would be for the new W6v2? I could probably fit ONE more amp in the truck and run about 200W to each voicecoil (400W per sub total).....

Just thinking out loud.......

9. Rebel-Rider

ok i really like those 12w6 v2's but does anybody know when the are coming out???????? that may be a factor in what subs i decide to put in i cant seem to find this anywhere on JL's site

10. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

they are saying late summer early fall of this year which means about mid fall early winter...

11. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I've sold and used both but I would suggest the Crossfire XT 15" I am running one XT and 4 1000d's in my db drag car and doing around a 171. The W7 is a sound quaility sub and not and SPL sub so technecially you can get a W6 louder yet it is pretty trashy in sound q terms.

As far as the l7 without a large bandpass enclosure they are not worth the money. The older round solos are a much better performer.