Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Job hunt time.... yay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 27, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Graduated on Friday of last week. Time to start looking for a job. Dad wants me to go to a dealership and work as a mechanic. Would be nice money and benefits, but its not what I want to do. I want to build things. These are the places I may go to hand out resumes tomorrow:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/

http://www.jeffdanielsjeeps.com/

http://www.vpracecars.com/

The jeep place would likely be the worst money of the 3, but the most up my alley.(All around work not just fabrication and 4x4s) Thinking I will go there and see how it works out for me. One of the owner's is the uncle of a good friend of mine. Still keeping my eyes peeled for shops to apply to.

See what comes of a few of these places, then talk to the dealerships. Big problem with being a mechanic is the fact that I am high risk insurance. A fact I often forget. I know the places that came to school said they didn't even care to talk to you if you had a few tickets, let alone high risk.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Congrats Sleddy, the world is your oyster now.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Congrats Alan. Good luck with the job search
    let us know how you make up!!

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

congradulations.:bow: :bow: :D

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

unfortunatly, i agree with your dad. go get a job at a dealership. get the benefits, the pay, and do fab work on the side after hours. work there for a few years, then go out and start looking for a job in the aftermarket.

i did basically the same thing, except i went for work for a company that supplies parts to the O.E's.

oh and congrats. wish you luck.

ryan

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

cool stuff, dealer sounds nice but you could really get hands on knowlage working on building things espesaly at vpracecars, and there hireing?!?!?!

sounds like the right thing at the right time, dealership will always be there

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

VP and Jeff Daniel's haven't said they are hiring, but it never hurts to apply and try. Both were busy when I went in(working on who knows what). I also found a sweet place down in Lansdale I am going to go check out right now. We shall see what happens at the end of the week. Not sure if I mentioned, but Jeff Daniel's is co-owned by a very good friend's uncle. So I made sure to put him as a referal on the application.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

customizing jeeps eh?

be bolting on light covers and peel and sticking that alum checker plate for them?

or about 6 flood lights across the top?

LOL

put ck5.com sticker on every one you work on!!!