Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

job interview --- updated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Feb 24, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

yep just thought I would share.... after a year of job hunting, I got an email from a print shop, and we setup an interview for tomorrow afternoon!

[fingers crossed]

Interview went pretty well I will find out monday YEAH or NEAY...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: *HOPING* - job interview Wed 2PM - *WOOHOO*

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Good luck man, gotta have some around here with all the bad thats been going on /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Excellent, hope everything goes well.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good luck,bro. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

GodSpeed Man!!! I know how you feel!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

This may be your chance....I looked for a year before I got my new job last month.

Good Luck!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yep just thought I would share.... after a year of job hunting, I got an email from a print shop, and we setup an interview for tomorrow afternoon!

[fingers crossed]

[/ QUOTE ]

SO??? The tension is killing me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I was out of work for almost a year and I'm just now getting back on track. I know how you feel man. Best of luck!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[fingers crossed]

[/ QUOTE ]

SO??? The tension is killing me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I was out of work for almost a year and I'm just now getting back on track. I know how you feel man. Best of luck!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's killing me to... no call today /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I'll give him a buz tomorrow and find out whats going on

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Doesn't that just piss you off!?!?!? Employers never seem to have the same "sense of urgency" that job seekers have. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

well...how did the interview go anyways? What was the last thing the guy/girl said to you when you left. Those last words speak volumes....

12. jjlaughner

I thought the interview went great. After talking a few minutes I was very calm, he asked a few questions, I asked a few, I tossed out some ideas for problems they where having and past problems I had at other jobs and how I got them fixed. Over all we talked for probley an hour during the interview. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    about the last 10 minutes we talked about parking downtown Indy, health care plans, their pay ranges, when I could start and then he said he had one more person coming in this week then he was going to call everyone on Monday and let them know.

Well Monday came and went, Monday night I sent him an email checking in, Tuesday morning I was going to call but got sidetracked, then Wed he tried to call when we where gone and he sent me an email saying that interviews ran over into Monday and Tuesday, then a couple hours later another email saying they hired someone else.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

OH well, thats life I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought the interview went great. After talking a few minutes I was very calm, he asked a few questions, I asked a few, I tossed out some ideas for problems they where having and past problems I had at other jobs and how I got them fixed. Over all we talked for probley an hour during the interview. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    about the last 10 minutes we talked about parking downtown Indy, health care plans, their pay ranges, when I could start and then he said he had one more person coming in this week then he was going to call everyone on Monday and let them know.

Well Monday came and went, Monday night I sent him an email checking in, Tuesday morning I was going to call but got sidetracked, then Wed he tried to call when we where gone and he sent me an email saying that interviews ran over into Monday and Tuesday, then a couple hours later another email saying they hired someone else.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

OH well, thats life I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Yup, that's the way it goes... I had several interviews that I thought went well, but in this market you're competing with so so so many other people that even though you're highly qualified, there's probably someone else with just one or two other qualifications that put them just a bit ahead of you in line... I got really frustrated and assumed I was going to end up working at Taco Bell for the rest of my life... I finally got another Engineering Job... I took a pretty good pay cut, but I have a lot less responsibility, work a lot less hours, and enjoy my new job a lot more. And most of all, I'm finally employed! It's just a matter of time! Keep hunting and keep your confidence up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif