Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Job Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MaxCrack, Feb 14, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

OK, I have never missed a deadline for setting things up for people. If they need it the next day I will stay until it's ready to go. So, last week I get "We need this computer set up with this software NOW! so we can run this machine." So I stay until almost 8 cause nothing was working on this POS computer and get it to them the next day. That was Wednesday night, last week. I just went over to work on something else, and the f'ing computer is still in the corner where I left it, not hooked up to no stinking machine. If it is still there tommorrow, I'm taking it back! And they will have to come see me and listen to what i just told you before they can have it back. And if they ever say they need it NOW again, and they get it NOW and then don't use it. I will take two weeks to do things for them NOW. Because that is what they really mean when they say NOW.

<font color=blue>I'll bet that, regardless of the reason, the people in the E.R. always giggle when they pull something out of someone's ass.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I hear ya.... I did all kinds of extra work once with setting up donations for someone I worked for... spent hours setting them up... but my job ended (it was seasonal summer staff) before I could collect so I left the info there. Guess what? Nobody ever followed up or collected the stuff when I checked into it a few weeks later... for needing donations now they didn't act like it. I spent so much time setting them up and working so hard. Man I was mad!! [​IMG] Next time just take your time and do it like you said whenever... it's not cool to pull stuff like that on people....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

they used to pull that crap at my job a lot... whenever they say they need it RIGHT NOW, I ask them what the big hurry is. if they can formulate a good enough reason as to why they actually need it, then I'll drop everything, adn get it done for them right away, with whoever demanded it, beng my scapegoat for whem other managers demand things. `sorry, I was told by bob I need to have this out immediately. go take it up with them if you need something'' this works to my advantage only about 60% of the time.... whenever the VP comes back, and demands something, he tells me `Drop everything you;re doing.. .I need this now, and I don;t care who else needs what.' he's the only one I can't argue with... instead, I send a message to my manager saying that the VP just barged in, and distrupted my work schedule for _______ and _________ . also, at the insistance of my manager, I send everything through him. if someone needs something that doesn;t qualify as normal maintenance, I tell them to talk to him first... he likes keeping tabs on us in the back, and I like having the secuirity blanket of someone more important on the chain of command makig decisions on who does what when and how.

oh well, for the most part, its not too bad a job, so I guess I sholdn't complain too much...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> That seems to be everybody's train of thought now a days ....... I don't understand it either.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night