Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Job Termination Excellence ATTN:bigburban383

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

bigburban383,

You may find some insight into why you're such a whining a** right now about cops.

How does one explain this when trying to find a know job?

We got word of a large party happening out in the county. Seems the patrons had gotten wise and avoid the towns on their way back home; so we were going to stake out an intersection (2 way stop) and stop people, looking for drunks.

We were going to set up about midnight. My partner got there early and I was about 30 miles away slowly making my way there when he called in. He was in pursuit.

My partner had been sitting there for only about five minutes when this guy ran the stop sign at approximately 70 mph.

The guy started chunking out beer cans at 90mph plus and hit a couple spike strips before finally getting a love tap by a trooper and rolling the 2003 Chevy he was driving, totally it out.

He'll will probably be okay. His puppy dog that was in the truck is definately okay. The one thing I wonder though is how he is going to get a decent job cause the pick-up was his employers.

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

So bigburban383, you seem just like a young, dumb kid who doesn't realize that PC for a stop is very easy and we stake out parties for a reason. If this guy was running stop signs, at almost 20 mph over the speed limit, how would you feel if that same guy broadsided you?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

why do people run from the cops? do they think they are going to outrun them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif the only way im going to out run them is offroad, but they would catch me at my house /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

some people shouldn't breed /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    why do people run from the cops? do they think they are going to outrun them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif the only way im going to out run them is offroad, but they would catch me at my house /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

some people shouldn't breed /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet you still can't outrun them off road either, that helicopter can see you /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

welp
    im sure there are a couple ways

lets ask the policeman

in what situations has someone gotten away from you bubba
    the police arent perfect, mabye close...but people have gotten away

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't had it happen yet, but I haven't had anyone run yet.

But, we always win /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But, we always win

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, kinda hard to outrun a radio... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    welp
    im sure there are a couple ways

lets ask the policeman

[/ QUOTE ]

In my Recruit days (before the Army), I have only heard of one person successfully elude a stop. It was a race style motorcycle on a secluded 4 lane divided highway. He was observed going approx. 140mph+. Pursuing deputy was 120mph and was loosing him. Me and my FTO were a few miles away in the direction of travel. The motorcyle never reached us but the pursuing deputy did. We searched the area for a long time with our takedowns and spotlights but never found him. All other attempts to run resulted in bad guy losing. Usually with bad guy crashing, a few times paying the ultimate price. So stupid to run.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

PC might be easy to claim at the scene, but it's your call if you think that crap is going to fly in court. You have to admit that any time you obtain evidence without permission or a warrant, you're taking your chances on having it thrown out. Cases work both ways in that instance, and people get off on all levels of charges do to technicalities.

I guess if I was a cop, PC would seem so cut and dry to me. The reality of it is that if you're not doing anything wrong in the first place, you'll find PC is pretty difficult to produce. If you're doing something stupid, it doesn't take much for an officer to sense it and rip your vehicle apart anyway.

Like I said in my only example of ever being asked to search, I wasn't doing anything wrong, didn't have anything in the truck except jumper cables, and because of this I'm sure he didn't want to bother trying to answer as to why he searched my vehicle, so he sent me on my way.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And your vast experience as a lawyer specializing in criminal law has given you this insight?

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

OWNED!! What do you expect from yankees? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Our city police dept is not allowed to pursue any more, they felt the pursuit was more dangerous than the criminal as far as liability is concerned. Its a very lame policy that we hope is reversed. A few weeks ago a stolen car wouldnt stop and the officer quit the pursuit but they searched for the car through out the night. The idiot stayed in the city limits and the car was found at his home and he was arrested. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    OWNED!! What do you expect from yankees? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crotch rockets, happened back in like september here that I know of. Cop was sitting on the road near our local hang out, couple guys left the place we were at, speeding, doing wheelies past the cops. He pursued, had no chance but he pursued. He chased for a while, till they got to one street thats long and eventually gets curvy where he would have no chance vs. a couple hot crotch rockets. Came back to us asking if we knew who they were, we said we didn't. He grumbled, that was that.

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

well
    im just saying...if a cop had to lose another cop in a chase, what would they do?

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    And your vast experience as a lawyer specializing in criminal law has given you this insight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I replied to this earlier.

I should go to law school.

I had always thought I'd hate criminal defense law, but I can say that the minimal people that are harassed by police officers could benefit from a lawyer that would actually fight for their rights.

Rights of the individual that were written down in those 10 amendments were among the most important reason that our constitution was ratified and we're sitting here watching that disappear on a daily basis.

Bubba,

I find it a contradiction that your political beliefs allow a law abiding citizen to exercise his rights to gun ownership, free speech, etc., yet you talk up PC, when in reality, the whole idea of searching someone without a warrant is a liberal political idea in the first place.

Reguardless as to how you spout your mouth off about what I know about criminal law, making statements like that just cuts down your political stance in my opinion.

I have no doubt what so ever that the laws reguarding PC have caught many criminals that without it, the evidence would be destroyed in time it takes to get a warrant.

That said it also belittles the rights of an individual, and has tremendous potential for abuse.

The fine line between what is PC and what is not is what I'm questioning here, and I believe that for us to question such action is the only way that we can protect our individual rights and still allow our LEOs to take down the truely bad guys, which is what laws like that are intended to do.

Just because you don't necessarily agree with laws like that, or you simply want to question such a thing to avoid abuse of such a law, doesn't make you uneducated or a moron, or even a yankee like you suggest. Question political/legal matters are almost the foundation on what our legal system has been founded on.

I don't really give a rats ass if you agree with me or not, but I think it is our job as citizens to question EVERY instance an individual is searched without a warrant, and for the court to decide on PC.

Remember, you might decide you have PC at the scene, but if a court decides otherwise, you know it, and I know it, the guy might get off, no matter what the crime is. And if you knew the guy did it, you'd be pissed, too, as would I.

However, the rights of the individual must be protected, even if he's unpopular, or a criminal, because that is what this country is all about.

16. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bigburban383,

You may find some insight into why you're such a whining a** right now about cops.

How does one explain this when trying to find a know job?

We got word of a large party happening out in the county. Seems the patrons had gotten wise and avoid the towns on their way back home; so we were going to stake out an intersection (2 way stop) and stop people, looking for drunks.

We were going to set up about midnight. My partner got there early and I was about 30 miles away slowly making my way there when he called in. He was in pursuit.

My partner had been sitting there for only about five minutes when this guy ran the stop sign at approximately 70 mph.

The guy started chunking out beer cans at 90mph plus and hit a couple spike strips before finally getting a love tap by a trooper and rolling the 2003 Chevy he was driving, totally it out.

He'll will probably be okay. His puppy dog that was in the truck is definately okay. The one thing I wonder though is how he is going to get a decent job cause the pick-up was his employers.

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

So bigburban383, you seem just like a young, dumb kid who doesn't realize that PC for a stop is very easy and we stake out parties for a reason. If this guy was running stop signs, at almost 20 mph over the speed limit, how would you feel if that same guy broadsided you?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO

Are you serious? This is a very interesting story...BUT THERE IS A(wait let me bold this) BUT THERE IS A EXTREMLY HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RUNNING A STOP SIGN AT 70 MPH AND THROWING BEER CANS OUT THE WINDOW AT 90 MPH I ASSUME UNDER POLICE PURSUIT and leaving a bonfire going the speed limit not swerving not drinking in the vehicle and pulling over immediatly when I saw blue and red. Maybe its me, but I see no resemblance between my pull over and his rollover.

Once again, no fights, IMHO /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Ive heard more than once about crotch rockets totally losing cops if they even chase. I know one guy was doin wheels on the highway, he did pull over, the cop didn't give him any citations knowing the guy could have easyly gotton away but decided to stop.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I find it a contradiction that your political beliefs allow a law abiding citizen to exercise his rights to gun ownership, free speech, etc., yet you talk up PC, when in reality, the whole idea of searching someone without a warrant is a liberal political idea in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us just say I was born about 200 too late.

I'm a very freedom loving type of guy; but if you haven't noticed, there are people in this world who expect stuff handed to them on a silver platter, too stupid to know any better or too lazy to be a productive member of society. This makes up probably 95% of the criminal element in this country. These people run around infringing on the rights of others, who would just like to be left alone and live their lifes free from having their stuff stolen, their peace disturbed or their bodies being beaten. Because of these dirtbags, there are cops.

A cop holds a power in which very few people in this country get, and a cop has to wield that power with such caution and restraint that most people need to change their diapers after experiencing this.

I am one of those that truly respect that power. I will never abuse that power. In fact, I'm probably too lenient. As I told someone the other day, over 90% of my traffic stops drive off with only a warning, and about 45% of those warnings are verbal only. I happen to work for a department where tickets are actually frowned upon and are expected to be used only on those truly deserving.

Go ahead and become a criminal defense attorney. Last I knew, membership into groups like the ACLU, the Sierra Club and Nazi-Communist Gay Love Society were almost mandatory.

[ QUOTE ]
    Reguardless as to how you spout your mouth off about what I know about criminal law, making statements like that just cuts down your political stance in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a dictionary first off. If that's the case, oh well. Doesn't hurt my feelings that a snot nosed kid with more mouth than brains who thinks he knows something who has never been anywhere or done anything looks down at me cause I really don't care. But if you really want to dance, I can put your name on top of my card cause I will destroy you in a political discussion so bad, you'll run five stop signs getting down to the local market to get new diapers./forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

So in the words of a great American, even though he played for the 'Canes, "know your role and shut your mouth."

I'm out

19. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Nicely said BRB.

Amen.

BH.

20. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

OWNED!!!.....man, I'm getting tired of saying that....

BTW - GO HORNS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.