Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

John Edwards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clubba68, Jan 27, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I am a republican, but I really like John Edwards.
    I like that he is not a lifetime politician, and I think that might be good for the country. He supported the war, and seems like he genuinely wants to look out for the little guys. He is cool under fire, very smart, and does a good job in the debates. Did anyone see him on the O'Reily Factor? He did a really good job. Bill even said that he liked him (which is unlike Bill to do).
    What do you guys think?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am a republican, but I really like John Edwards.
    I like that he is not a lifetime politician, and I think that might be good for the country. He supported the war, and seems like he genuinely wants to look out for the little guys. He is cool under fire, very smart, and does a good job in the debates. Did anyone see him on the O'Reily Factor? He did a really good job. Bill even said that he liked him (which is unlike Bill to do).
    What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see if I can fix this for ya real quick.

I'll start that he is a lawyer.......

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You just don't like Him cause Your a closet Dean supporter. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You just don't like Him cause Your a closet Dean supporter. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif LOL. Bubba, you Deaniac you! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I don't mind the fact that he is a lawyer. Against big insurance companies? That's cool with me. At least he wasn't a defender to drug dealers or murderers.

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I gotta say that at this point, I would rather elect a lawyer than reelect someone that seems to make up his own words, looks like a chimp and so far only did one thing right... kick that Iraqi mother fawkers ass.

Lets see where we are now... with the new budget defecit (last pres, even though he was a scumbag, could at least balance his checkbook) we as a country are what... a mere 6 trillion in debt? saweet...

The way I got it figured, between SR, Junior and Clinton, the oval office has seen more bush than the country can afford!

Light the fires and kick the tires... let the flamings begin.

6. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

My Mom likes John Kerry.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Look at this tax cut. This is all about one thing: rewarding wealth, not work.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    And what's more reprehensible? There is a deepening gap between the health status of minorities and the health status of whites.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    First, we need to stop differences in language and culture from interfering with good health care. I'd start with a National Medical Translation System. That means an effective, in-person translation system at every hospital in the biggest cities. For smaller cities and rural hospitals, we need a National Medical Translation Center—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, translators on call. To make this work, it'll take new incentives for doctors and nurses to become translators. At the end of the day, we will have solid medical translation services for the most vulnerable people in our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    But our schools need to pay more attention to the special needs of Hispanic children—their concentration in some of our worst schools, the high drop-out rates, the language barriers, and the need to support parents, brothers, and sisters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    That's why I believe should make college affordable for everyone whose willing to work for it. My "College for Everyone" plan would pay for the first year at a state school for everyone who finishes a college prep curriculum and is willing to take a part-time job. And I'd support the DREAM Act, so that in America, every child has the chance to go to college.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Affirmative action remains critical to giving everyone a fair shot at a college education.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    This bill takes away from the FBI the responsibility to collect intelligence on foreign terrorists groups within the United States. And this bill gives that responsibility to a new Homeland Intelligence Agency. I believe this agency will do a better job protecting our safety and our basic freedoms. Let me briefly explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    That is why I propose today to create a Homeland Intelligence Agency, one that would be responsible for collecting foreign intelligence inside the United States, analyzing that intelligence, and getting it to the policymakers or first responders who need it. This entity isn't in the new Department of Homeland Security. It isn't in the newly announced "Terrorist Threat Integration Center." That's just about analysis. This is about collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Hold Parole Violators Accountable
    Nearly half the people in the probation system have violated the terms of probation, but only one-fifth get sent back to jail for doing it. Edwards believes that we need real punishments for people who violate probation and parole, combining strict supervision with swift, certain and graduated punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]
    *Bubba Commentary-Maybe he should look into why a lot of these clowns are out. Just another quick comment. He is talking about tougher sentences on a lot of crimes, but I wonder who is going to pay for their housing that don't exist.*

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WE'RE GOING TO NEW YORK, WE'RE GOING TO PENNSYLVANIA, WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA, AND ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO AND OKLAHOMA WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I gotta say that at this point, I would rather elect a lawyer than reelect someone that seems to make up his own words, looks like a chimp and so far only did one thing right... kick that Iraqi mother fawkers ass.

Lets see where we are now... with the new budget defecit (last pres, even though he was a scumbag, could at least balance his checkbook) we as a country are what... a mere 6 trillion in debt? saweet...

The way I got it figured, between SR, Junior and Clinton, the oval office has seen more bush than the country can afford!

Light the fires and kick the tires... let the flamings begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, we've gone to war and Bush inherited a weak economy from Cigar Man.........What is the price of freedom???????????????

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Woo Hoo... more death sentences, fewer trials!

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    My Mom likes John Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Kerry is a stinking Yankee liberal fawktard of the highest order............

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ahh, thank you BRB /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Woo Hoo... more death sentences, fewer trials!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess that sentences arise from trials.............Hmmm..............

More like more sentences carried out with due haste, usually utilizing a rope and some lumber................

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

YOU SIT DOWN! YOU SIT DOWN! YOU'VE HAD YOUR SAY, NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE MY SAY!

WE'RE GOING TO ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO AND OKLAHOMA AND THEN TO WASHINGTON DC AND TAKING BACK THE WHITE HOUSE WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I suppose you could say that its because of the war or because of clinton... but I have to wonder why on the podium junior said the words "beware the recession" and the next day the stock market dropped 200+ points for the first time in nearly a decade. Cant say that was because of 9/11 or a war since neither had happened yet.

But such is life. All I know about the "weak economy" is that everywhere around me I see people jobless and hurting... where as the cigar poker (his wife more likely) seemed to have the economy in decent shape.

Now... how would the poker versus junior deal with 9/11 and/or the war differently? Cant say... only speculate and I would rather not do that, especially since opinions are like buttholes...

16. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Sorry... thats what I meant... how many appeals does a convited murderer deserve? one trial, one appeal, make him/her dig thier own hole and lets start making room for parole violators and Michael Jackson.

17. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Where did the list of quotes come from Bubba?
    I still like him. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    John Kerry is a stinking Yankee liberal fawktard of the highest order............

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah but You have to admit, He could pass for that Frankenstien dad from the old TV show the "Munsters"
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    YOU SIT DOWN! YOU SIT DOWN! YOU'VE HAD YOUR SAY, NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE MY SAY!

WE'RE GOING TO ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO AND OKLAHOMA AND THEN TO WASHINGTON DC AND TAKING BACK THE WHITE HOUSE WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care what anyone says... that dean guy is the funniest plumber I have ever seen on TV

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

It's come down to this. It's come out that Bush inherited the bad economy from Clinton, haven't had a chance to read up on it, just heard it today.

As for the war, Clinton would probably have micromanaged it, been very limited and would not have gone into Iraq.

Furthermore, 9/11 was a very hard impact on the economy. It takes time to recover from something like that. Add onto the fact that a war has to be paid for; a war that has the terrorists that would be trying to come to America staying in the Middle East.

I don't always agree with the man, but I'd rather have him leading us down the trail over some weirdo with a cigar fetish and a smile that needs to be bitchslapped back to the 16th Century and a lesbo wife on the eternal rag.