Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

John F. Kennedy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Sep 22, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Here are some quotes from JFK. Maybe the Democraps need to look back farther than Clinton and remember when Demorats had balls and believed in this country:

Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail either by persuasion or by example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living or because the terrorists themselves come to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression will meets it's own response.

United Nations September 25th, 1961

And this one given at the University of Minnesota Sepember 24th 1963:

As we look at the world, however imperfect it may be, however frustrating it may be, however limited our authority may be on occasions, however impossible we may find it to have our writ accepted, nevertheless, the United States is secure, it is at peace, and a good many dozens of countries are secure because of us.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

leftist today don't like to admit it, but JFK was actually to the right of either GHWB or GW Bush. Talked about God alot, didn't like Communists at all, liked the idea of smaller government and tax cuts too. IMO he was morally corrupt (tag teamin marilyn in the white house with his brother? pretty shaddy), but atleast his politics were, for the most part, good.

j

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah JEK isn;t the pinnacle of morality but he was a pretty good pres from what I know from the documentaries I watched on the anniversery of his assination a while ago

I never knew he had such a bad back

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Yah, he hurt his back real bad when he lost PT-109. Didn't help his back when he saved his buddies either. He earned the right ot call himself a hero, but never did. Kerry? Well...