Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

joined pirate4x4.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 28, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yikes!
    Just joined, look for me at " 84jimmy "
    Hopefully I can catch myself before I ask any stupid questions!!

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, good luck with that... I have yet to waste my time even READING anything on that forum in the last 2 years...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

are you friggin nuts?

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm pretty sure your replying to Carl....
    The little time I've spent over there, I'm quickly learning that there is a lot of @$$'s over there. But at the same time A LOT of people over there are really smart.

BUT...
    CK5 is better by 210%

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

CK5! 80% Tech 20% Great Rigs 50% Hilarity 50% Great People 10% Total Slaughter -%98 Assholes

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My thoughts exactly, sir. I feel under-gunned over there all the time!! :grin:

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

actually, i was replying to you. those guys bury me in tech, no offense, but they're gonna eat you for lunch.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you're building a 4 wheel drive Chevy, I honestly belive CK5 has the best tech. If you're building something else, Pirate might be good for some tech then. When I first started visiting websites, I tried Pirate. I quickly found out that it wasn't my kind of site, too many jerks !!!!!!! I won't even go over there anymore.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The membership was free, so if I don't like what I see, I won't go over there anymore.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL no offence taken. I probably will be eaten for lunch...:crazy:

11. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Been a member over there for more than 4 years and I think I have a total of 10 post. I go over there everyday to check for parts or maybe look at pics but thats about it.

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

R U Insane?

[​IMG]

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree that the guys on Pirate are not very helpful and flood you with tech. Found it before I found CK5. I have found more usable advice and had more help here than anywhere. Improtant stuff for a newbie, so Thanks to all at CK5.

14. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i have to say i have browsed breifly one maybe 2 other 4x4 sites but only half heartedly. :dunno: just something about ck5 that i do not feel the need to go anywhere else. oh yeah, maybe the fact that i will never own/work on anything other than the 73-87 (/to 91 burb, k5 and crew that body style) unless its given to me and im sellin it for money. as far as trucks go. granted another S-10 V-8 conversion would be cool and fun, but its still chevy. also a 4x4 van would be cool, once again itd be a chevy. maybe an elcamino 4x4, yep once again chevy. since im a chevy fanatic, I do not ever foresee me leaving this site. this site is chevy chevy chevy. my home on the web. thanks CK5!!! :waytogo: :waytogo:

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I think there is no comparison between these two sites. Pirate is another source of information geared toward a certain crowd. Nothing wrong with that at all. I have been a red star member for two years now and love it. They have TONS of giveaways that are available for red/yellow star members and for $20 per year it is well worth getting into.

If I want to talk Chevy Tech - I definately do it here. Even if it is hardcore fabrication of GM products, this is the place.

If I want to see Bewbies, get into drawings for prizes, see lots of bling and need a little attitude, I go to Pirate.

The people that flame Newbies are usually idiots that you would see anywhere in life. I was flamed by the best over there but had the balls to back it up. None of this my big Brother will beat you up kind of BS. As far as I am concerned, those of you who do not pay your $20 are missing out on some good prizes. Likewise here - its well worth your money to join.

One other way to look at this - any 4x4 site on the internet that supports our sport is worth its "weight" in gold!

16. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I go over there to search and surf. If I want to know about common 4x4 related stuff like winches, synthetic rope, tires, wheels, etc; I do some searching and reading over at Pirate4x4.

I know I have 0 posts. But I really haven't seen much I could chime in on anyways.

I have noticed there are a ton of give-aways. It seems like that's what 50% of the threads in the General 4x4 discussion are.

17. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Agreed. I dont post a whole lot over there, but have had my red star for quite some time now. There are so many good deals to be had on that site it isnt even funny. There is a lot of BS you have to sift through, but a lot of the tech they do have burried there is great.

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I like it there. Very entertaining and somewhat useful. Seems alot more folks who wheel ALOT in my neck of the woods post there, as well.

John

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I wouldn't mind joining and getting a redstar just for giveaways!
    I looked again and they had 10 or so different giveaways before x-mas...
    I don't think Iwill go over there, you guys have convinced me I don't need too.

20. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

But your super tech Timmay. LOL

I love Pirate. I don't have much tech to offer over there most of the time but I love the humor, flaming, etc. I guess I like the more abrasive style at times. The tech on pirate is a different level than that here on CK5.

CK5 does have the best fullsize tech around though.

84gmcjimmy a couple little hints for survival at Pirate. Wear your flame suit at all times, think long and hard about your posts. Post in the Newbie forums for a while then move out to the others.