Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Joining the beadlock club

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Got one tire together and the welding is done. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

These are the DIY4x ones. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

looks real good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

DUDE!! I have the same beadlocks, yours look really cool, with that color scheme. I have as to yet weld mine up, I am going to weld them to a set of OEM 16.5x9.75 rims. I'm thinkin, black rims with forest green rings. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Wow, we really like the blue with the white! Looks great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wasnt sure how it was going to work out with the color. My rig is mostly Blue with white on the bottom so I thought it might work out. I still have a grocery list of stuff to do before BB04 so I most likely wont get them mounted on the truck for a few weeks.

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

mmmmmmmm...... The ripper /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Looks great /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I love the colors. Those turned out awesome. Guess I'm gona have to get busy and throw a set on the DD. Nice work. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

sorry to hijack but how do you balance beadlocks?? That equal stuff?? and can you buy that stuff and out it in yourself??
    Thanks
    -Chris

9. cybrfire

The equal stuff is the most common way. You can also get creative and use one of the beadlock bolts to hold on some type of weight. The inside of the wheel would be normal of course.

I keep thinking it would be interesting to try some type of fluid in the tire. I think that Orange antifreeze would work. Supposed to be rubber friendly and keep steel from corroding so I can't see it huring anything. Wouldn't clump like the equal does.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry to hijack but how do you balance beadlocks??

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance big swampers?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard all day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance big swampers?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

true, true.

12. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I know of at least one guy that runs with golf balls in his tires. They won't clump like Equal will when you air up & down so often.

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

thats a sweet blue and white thing you got going on there like it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    I know of at least one guy that runs with golf balls in his tires. They won't clump like Equal will when you air up & down so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that you mention it a friend of mine has 120 some odd mouse balls for putting in tires. Don't think he ever got around to trying it but that's what he bought them for. Got them from some computer parts warehouse and maybe a few trips through the best buy isle. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance big swampers?

[/ QUOTE ]

true, true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they can be balanced, but I went to five places asking them to balance mine (not even beadlocks) and all refused.

I gave up and ran em with nothing and they are fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance big swampers?

[/ QUOTE ]

true, true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they can be balanced, but I went to five places asking them to balance mine (not even beadlocks) and all refused.

I gave up and ran em with nothing and they are fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    the guys that run the Sapp bros tire shop here said they will balanceanything up to 50 inches diameter, they said they have all the new equipment, beadlocks super swampers anything! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

A semi truck tire place 30 miles away said they'd do it.

$50 a tire!

I paid $225 for all four tires!

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

that looks real good Sandman /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I need some shades! Did you paint those with a neon blue? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Those are some of the sweetest beadlocks I have seen /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I wish you had them done for Moab
    Welcome to the beadlock gang Matt.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif