Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jones Swamp Pensacola, Florida (Jan 4, 2003)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Dec 5, 2002.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Just wanted to get the word out that we're trying to get together and splash through some mud. Hopefully it will be a good turnout. For info or directions see www.gulfcoast4x4s.com the info will be posted soon or email me at not4shw@gulfcoast4x4s.com if you need it now.
    Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Post this over at http://Florida4X4.com also. We have a few guys up in N.Fla. that may be interested. P-cola is too far for me, be like a 6-8 hr ride each way for me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Thanks! I'll get right on it!

4. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Meeting place has been decided!

Where:
    Winn Dixie
    50 S. Blue Angel Pkwy
    Pensacola, FL 32506

When: Saturday Jan. 4, 2003 (9:00 AM)

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The final count down has begun! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Chris - looking forward to seeing Ya'll there. John & Mary and I will meet Ya'll at the W/D that morning.The Swamp is still under water so the wheeling will be good !

7. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll be there unless something catastrophic happens.

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Just a few more days. Man I wish I could make it. Im kinda surprised Florida4X4 didnt give a real good response. Guess theres less guys up that way than I thought. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hey Chris... any word on a New Orleans trip yet at all?
    Thanks
    Mike

10. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Depending on the water level, I may need to enter from the East side off of Fairfield and take one of the back trails to the area where everyone will be.
    I went by on Blue Angel yesterday, and the water is up high and we are supposed to have some good rain before Saturday. It will be a totolly different place than it was in March.

11. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I think most everyone is planning on going in off of the Fairfield entrance. From what I have heard lately the power lines are extremely deep but if you stay close to the woods on the sides it is passable. The plan seems to be - meet at the WD than start the trail on the east side and come out on Hwy. 98 ( the old fire trail )and return to WD and have a grubb session at the Waffle House.

Chris , how many people are you bringing from New Orleans ?

12. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Looks like at least 3 trucks from New Orleans area plus my blazer and Joe's blazer. That's if I get the pinion bearing fixed on mine if not we'll just be in Joe's. Opened the rear cover and all the bearing from the rear pinion bearing were sitting on the bottom of the carrier! Yikes! I hear it's not to hard to fix so I'll be tackling it New Years Day.

13. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

It's really going to depend on the out come of this weekends ride and the fact I'm supposed to be pulling the SBC for a BBC as well. I'll know more after this weekend.

14. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Chris - Let me or John know if you can't get any bearings from the parts supply house , I have got an installation kit that I have not used yet - You could use it and replace what Ya' use later. Hollar if Ya' need anything , Tom

15. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Who is heading across from N.O.??? Is Teddy making the trip across? I would go but I need to be in Houston on the 5th....hum....well next Bonne Carre Spillway trip I should be lifted and on some decent enough meats to make a few play rounds....

16. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

No, Teddy is heading to CA for a Job, Mr. Floyd is coming and Scott (big block bronco) as well as some guys from Houma. What size tires are you planning on running after you get yours lifted? I know of some 35's that are available and some 38's also. Let me know if you need some help/advice lifting yours.

17. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

So?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Can ya tell I am a little excited? Hehehe.
    Keep me informed k?
    Thanks!
    Mike

18. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I'll be there!!!!! </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

19. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Tom - Thanks for the offer but I found one at Advance and they over nighted it from Mobile and I put it in today. The blazer is packed and ready to be loaded on the the trailer. We're scheduled to leave at 6:00AM Sat. morning. So far there are at least 5 trucks from MS/LA. See ya Saturday!

20. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm ready! I can't wait, hopefully the crowd will be a decent size and the water wont be too deep!