Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jumped my Blazer!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Oblin Goblin, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

Ok well to make a long story short I hit a railroad crossing at about 65. It had a small rise up to the crossing but a big drop after it (which I didn't see). I must have flow 20 feet and caught a good 3 to 5 feet of air. The truck seems fine. I got out and checked it afterwards and didn't find any damadge. Anybody have any sugestions on where to look to be sure the truck is ok? It was (and still is) dark so I haven't really been able to look it over yet.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you need to inspect the frame very closely for cracks /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Start at the front and work your way back. Look at EVERYTHING! Take your time doing it to. You won't find anything/everything with just a quick look.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You might want to check your pants for blowout! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

what kind of axles are you running that they didnt break /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LMAO!.. I would have paid $5 to see you jump your truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Oblin Goblin

I guess I'll crawl under there today and have a good look around. My suspension and axles are completly stock. I was shocked when I didn't find any damadge right away. Once I made it home I was pretty exhilarated that I survived without destroying the truck. Not something I wanna let happen again though /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

8. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

lmao! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I purposely hit those jumps with my K5. Maybe that is why I have transmission and transfer case fluid leaking out EVERY seal /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Ed

10. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ive jumped my truck many times, so far nothing has broken except a power steering pump, but i think that happenned because of other reasons.

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what would you pay to see me jump mine and crack my frame at the steering box ?

12. Oblin Goblin

Well no damadge to report yet. I looked it over twice today and I couldn't find a thing. Hopefully nothing will show up later. That thing can sure take a beating. I don't know if I could have even made it home if I had been driving somthing other then my K5 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

You know I used to jump my blazer and my 2wd van, no probem I have done that at high speeds and went up as high as 5 feet, no problem.
    I even one time bashed my low fog lamps when landing, I had them under the bumper, now I have them over /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif