Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jumping 4wheel drive lever

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jun 19, 2001.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I went offroading yesterday and had to use a little 4 wheel persuasion, so i shifted into 4 high. Well, I was going over some flexin' terrain and when i hopped my K5 to make it over a hill, it threw the four wheel drive lever back up into 2wheel all by itself. I have a bone stock K5, 31x10.5, 3.08 gears, i mean stock. Does anybody have any clue as to why???
    Thanks
    88K5Jimmy

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

that is a commen problem with the newer trucks...just the way the shift lever is mounted...nothing much you can do except adjust the linkage where it goes to the x-case...but it will still pop out in areas with alot of flex...just have to learn to deal with it

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you have any suggestions as to what to adjust? Would switching out shift levers or even linkage, help to solve this? Thanks again.

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well if you have the transfer case droped at all then you need to loosen up the rod that goes from the lever to the transfer case...if i remember right its a 1/2 inch nut.....run it in a few thread and it should help...but wont compleatly solve the problem...there is nothin you can really do to take care if it compleatly unless you put a diff x-case in there say like a 205 or somthing like that with the leaver mounted to the case its self....

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!