Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

junction box like those found on CUCVs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Apr 30, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Frieds dad is building the ultimate CUCV and was looking over some of the parts and there is a main electrical junction box that the battery positive goes to then there are studs for the misc other electrical components can get their juice from. Does anyone know where I could find something like that? Thanks.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

A lot of the "later" GM FWD cars have something like this. Not exactly sure what you want it to look like, but I know a couple here (myself included) use these. No pictures of mine though, sorry.

Essentially (mine) has a couple of lugs on it, I ran a wire from the bat cable (the short lead many have) to it, then from it to the electric fans. Mine doesn't have a bunch of terminals on it, but the other ones I've seen posted here did.

Mine came from what I'd guess to be an early-mid 90's cadillac. The "box" is red, and had an integral cover that snapped over the terminals.

As an edit, it's same in theory to the junction block on our trucks that is mounted to the firewall, just larger.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look under the hood of an '88 or later GM truck. On the firewall, passenger side, under the black plastic cover, you'll find a nice junction block with 5 or 6 studs. I think I paid $1 for one at the junkyard. :)

Also take a look at the picture labled "Buick power feed" near the bottom of the tech article I wrote at http://coloradok5.com/wiringlights.shtml It has one large post and I always take the battery cable and all of the outgoing, fusible link protected feed wires. I think those cost about $3 at the junkyard. :cool1:

4. Land Yacht

Land Yacht Registered Member