Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

June 6, 1944

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Visit the site

Ronald Reagan remembers: 1984

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reminder Goober, we must never forget the sacrifice made for our freedom. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Its an amazing site to go there and see how many troops gave there lives for our world. You get this silent feeling at the ohmaha beach and at the Belleau woods in germany..

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

thats a lot of white crosses

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats cool, Thanks for the links. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I went to Normandy Beach in 89.
    Spent all day touring the place, I highly recomend seeing it if you are in the area.
    TV and pictures does no justice to actualy being there and standing in the middle of it. Crosses as far as you can see in any direction.
    I took lots of pics but don't need any to remind me of it.
    It's truly a very heavy experiance.
    I could have went to Paris instead but got my azz in a sling and was on restricted liberty and had to report back to the ship (no overnight liberty) by 2200 hrs.
    I have never regreted not seeing Paris.
    It's hard to describe but I have never been so emotionaly overwhelmed in my life.
    You don't realy get the scope of the sacrifice and the courage it had to have taken on that day untill you walk through it.
    Leaving that place gives you a whole new meaning to "Proud to be an American"

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My parents are doing a family reunion in norway this summer and have turned it into a month long trip to visit everywhere they can over there. My dad was stationed in Germany in the late 60's and they plan to go to France since we have family bured there.

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

One of the many trips I wanted to make while I was in Italy, was a run to Normandy.
    Wanted to go to Belleau Wood as well.

Thank You, Gentlemen. Rest In Peace.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i know its not d-day relateed but ive been to Iwo Jima and holy crap[ it really give you a new kind of respect fot what those guys went through over there, i mean oly crap i rod a glof car up a mountian that thousands of guys lost there life over pretty crazy /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have some sand from Iwo Jima. Personally, from a safety aspect, I would have MUCH rather landed at Normandy than Iwo...

j

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

How'd you get to Iwo? I'd love to go there too, but I've got no clue on how to get there.

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How'd you get to Iwo? I'd love to go there too, but I've got no clue on how to get there.

[/ QUOTE ] you cnt go unless your in the military or family of the poeplr the were in the battle, that is where we did our carrier quals before we went out on the boat... pretty crazy stuff, lotts of caves and tunnells, i picked up some bullets from there reall deep stuff

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the big wigs and a few chosen underlings went there during my deployment and ship time off of east asia.

j