Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

June Four Wheeler Cover Truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Nonesuch, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Can you believe the 95 Yukon. A sweet ride with great potential but seriously, 44's on 1/2 ton sticks. The owner even admits in the article he was a fool! Also, I want to know where i can get a 85 Blazer with a D44 in front. HAHAHAHA!!
    Justin

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, that rig would be nice with 1-ton stuff tho... I dig those new-ish yukon bodies...

J

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Yeah I got mine yesterday, the 1/2 ton axles was one of the first things I noticed, it must not see alot of off-road action. It is a very cool looking ride though.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Anyone notice the front driveshaft? The case looks like a driver side drop, but the pumpkin is on the passenger side.

5. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

same here...I worry about running 35's with 3/4ton axles. I'm not real sure on the t-case drop my blazer has 6" lift and i've drug the case before. His has 12" lift, but 12" drop on the case great for drive lines but I bet it highcenters easy. I bet he is the ultimate pavment pounder

6. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

How come you guys always get your mags in the mail before me? I have to sit here and listen to all you guys talk about it for a few days before I even see mine. I'm jealous.

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

it's not even true 1/2 ton! it is a frickin' 10 BOLT with 44" BOGGERS!!!

WHATA FOOL!!!!

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

That's the first thing I asked myself ... why lift it 12 inches and then drop the t-case 12 inches. Kinda defeats the purpose/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif The only thing gained is he's able to run 44 inch tires so he actually only gained about 6 inches of clearance

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what's really weird about that guy and his rig is that he has CLEARLY put a lot of ca$h into it... if you're gonna go through all that trouble/ca$h why not use real axels? I guess all you can say in the guys defense is that at least he knows that he made a boo-boo...

j

10. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

there more pictures of that truck on Truck World the web site..was laughing when i read about the 10 bolt shtuff...../forums/images/icons/smile.gif......would it kill him to pay another 1500 bucks for the 14ff and a dana 60....did ay one notice the "freshened up" paint on the springs and axles......?????