Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Junk yard jaunt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aztec777, Jul 24, 2001.

1. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I took a trip to the junk yard today. 3 hours later I had a set of perfect seats out of an 85 Supra, a kick down switch for my TH400, an E-brake pedal rubber thing, a spare hydroboost, and lots of questions. I did see a couple a GM camper specials with HUGE rear diffs. Looked like they weighed 500 lbs. I want to wire in an electric fan and a higher output alternator. What should I look for? I've got a 1970 402 BB in my Jimmy. Did see a lot of engines, TBI units, trannys, t-cases, tilt steering columns, diffs, and even a couple of flat beds. The place I went to is really cheap. Trannys for $70, seats for $20, etc. I was in heaven.

Just had to share my joy with you all.

Steve

2. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

had the same experience this weekend. Sound like you were at a better yard though.

3. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

where is this located? I have a 1969 camper special swb C-10 whith no motor/trans. otherwise complete truck for $350.00 here in Alabama. What is special about a Camper special? Should I not sell it? Is there something special about the rearend?

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Good deal man ! I can't seem to find any goodies at yards around here !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

5. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I'm in Reno. The best part is that there is virtually no rust on anything. Not sure about your Camper Special, but that diff under the one I saw had to have been a Dana 60 or 70. Also picked up a retractable, under-hood light out of a 95 GMC Yukon. Going back for more next week.

Steve

6. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

i got supra seats too from a junkyard. dont they kick a$$. i love mine.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    "With great power there must also come great responsibility" -Spiderman

7. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Yeah. Those Supra seats are sweet. I think I'll start gearing up for my one ton conversion. The axles assemblys are $160 for whatever you find. Might even go 465/205. That would be awesome.

Steve