Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Junk Yards in NC

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by Scuba Steve, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

Anyone tell me if there are any good junk yards in NC. Im looking for a 14bff rear with 4.10s and a NP205 for a th400. thanks

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There are several out in this direction, its hit or miss anywhere. Your best bet is to keep checking the boards.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

You know, I dont know what the deal is here, but we have had non stop problems finding 14 bolts with decent gears. I will keep my eyes open, but the junk yards suck. You may try asking Lee over at Sandhills on Murchison road.

Rob

4. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Check spring lake auto salvage out on rt 210 past the new spring lake wal-mart. Was out there a few weeks ago and they had a few for $150. but they about to be crushed. Stop by and look if they are still in the back. Not sure about the gear ratio though.

5. Scuba Steve

Well im out by raeford and their is nothing out here. Was out at a yard on 401 by the fed ex and the only one he had was from the new 4x4 shop called All american offroad and recovery thats in the yard. He was changing a 2wd 3/4 ton too 4wd for a customer and well he took out the 14bff and put in 10 bolt front and rears from a K5 b/c thats what the customer wanted. He has the 14bff listed for $750 on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/76-Chevy-3-4-ton-Rear-Axle-3-73-Gears_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33728QQitemZ8045531695
    Can you believe that. And by the way the work I saw on the truck I was not impressed with. Some of it was down right scarry, but its not done either.

I dont know what Lee has now but about 2 yaers ago I talked with him about a 14bff and he wanted 250.

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know that place by Raeford. I have been meaning to go by there in my junk and let him take a look at it.

Honestly, if Lee has one with the gears you want, and the condition is good, I would probably buy it. Otherwise, your only other choice is to wait for someone close to sell theirs.

Anyway, were do you live in Raeford? Do you work on post? What does your truck look like?

Later, Rob

7. Scuba Steve

Live buy East Hoke MIddle School. Im in the 3/504 for now but we will changing to 1/508 some time soon. Ive got a grey and black 86 k5 with 4 inch lift not in good shape right now. http://community.webshots.com/photo/93403451/1145450735034677465lUtQdU
    Ive got to do engine work soon that ive been putting off and along with that fix the seals on the trans since they are all leaking.
    As far as that shop, I didnt get to talk with Tim. Hes the owner/mechanic. Just looking at the work being done on the 3/4 ton is scarey. His welds were not good at all on the front sping eye and on the back hes got so much play between the u-bolts and blocks that I could stick my finger between the two.

8. airbornesoldier327

airbornesoldier327 1/2 ton status

off topic

Dang i didnt realize there was so many people here on bragg! I got that blue one thats been right there next to the black one on grueber across from smoke bomb hills dental clinic. Just put the rear on blocks yesterday, had to pull the rear diff chunk out cuase i ripped two teeth off of the spider gears. Im pretty sure i have seen scuba-steve driving past that parking lot before. well nice too see theres all of us around, and if you guys need any help with anything, let me know. Also theres a guy around here thats parting out his truck, motor, bumpers and some other stuff. well by next week i should have my truck up and running and ill be doing some wheeling so just give me a call and ill come pull yall out or if ya need a hand with somethin jsut let me know, alright guys later.
    904-651-2728

9. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

wow lol i always wanted to know who drove those on gruber lol I drive by them almost everyday. I Drive a white 87 k5. damn lots of people in bragg lol.

10. airbornesoldier327

Haha, yeah i just got done with her when we got back from iraq, and then broke her like 3 weeks later, so shes been sitting a while, finally got the locker pulled out totry and see if i can fix the spider gears, adn now im being told that auburns cant be fixed, but i have a hard time believing that if teeth shear off the spider gears that the whole unit is bad. Any ways hopfully ill be up and running here soon! and the bigger one, that is currently on jack stands is mine..

11. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

lol yeah i noticed the jack stands lol

12. airbornesoldier327

haha, well i found out that auburn lockers cant be rebiult unless you send them in so it should be done and off the stands by next weekend!

13. airbornesoldier327

Alright guys, who wants to go wheeling this weekend? Well the locker should be in the truck by 1 o'clock today, which makes for perfect wheeling time. Well anyone who wants to go just gimme a call 904-651-2728.

14. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

lol did u ever get it in? I know at 4pm you where still waiting on it.

15. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Not on Bragg but on Pope

Well it will soon be Bragg so it counts LOL. I live over off of hope mills rd and cumberland rd. I drive (tow is a better description) the jimmy in the picture. It is still in work as well so it wont be on the trails anytime soon. On another note if any of you guys break and need a tow give me a call. I just got my trailer which between the truck and the trailer I can tow up to 9,000lbs on the trailer. Will be a gas fee involved of course but I wont kill you on a price for local hauls. My cell number is 1-910-818-3929 if you need any help with anything.

truck 099.jpg

truck 076.jpg

truck 096.jpg

truck 088.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  16. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

WOW i live right next to u lol

I live off of hope mills rd and ashton.

17. airbornesoldier327

I got the parts in, but the guys up at performance off-road, were getting like 4 trucks ready to go to URE, so needless to say she aint up and running yet, man i was really looking forward to it. I'd like to get it up and going on monday but i know that they are going to be working on some broke trunks from this weekend. Does anyone know of anywhere around here that can repair a wounded Auburn locker, I bought the repair kit for it so i have the replacements that it requires. Just let me know, thanks!

Also i fyou not doing anythign tomorrow theres a gun show at the colleseum from 9-5.

18. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

Hickmans Performance in Laurinburg may be able to help you ,they did an eaton locker for me in my Mustang

19. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

ill prolly go up there sometime tomorrow thanks bro

20. airbornesoldier327

I'll have to check that out tomrrow first thing, how far from fayettville is that you think?