Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Junkyard ghetto fab find!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, Aug 19, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

so I was at the U-pull it today to get some fenderwells...and as Im looking under trucks to check condition and what not...I find this one that has what looks like...the regular 7 or 8 leaf pack (whatever std 3/4ton is) with ANOTHER probably 6or7 leaf pack on top of it...and sandwiched between the 2 is this lil 1 inch block (not a zerorate, but something homemade lookin) so at first im thinkin...thats one hell of an add a leaf lift...except the funny part is the extra leaf pack was on top...so it would do nothing to aid in lifting the rear...is this some kind of ghetto-a$$ed overload setup!? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif just thought I'd share this lil gem with everyone cuz it had me laughin my ass off!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They're called overload springs, and they do work, and they're not ghetto fab.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Alot of trucks come with that setup factory. A freind of mine just bought a new 2004 F350 and it has it. There are stops on the frame that the ends of the upper pack hit when the truck is loaded down.

4. smprider112

no but its not like overloads...cuz I have seen overloads...this was like the regular leaf pack...then ANOTHER leaf pack...it still had the spring eyes from the other one and everything...i wish I had a digi cam it'd be worth it to show people /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I bet it was a ford, there are tons out there with em. nothing ghetto about them.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

just a homemade overload setup. I don't see anything wrong with it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. smprider112

nahh it was a chevy...Guess I really needed a pic to go with this one for people to really appreciate the comic value /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

lol I want too see it. it sounds funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

My Dad had a 5-leaf overload pack built for his '79 C20 crewcab to pack his camper.

I've also seen a stock multi-leaf overload pack on some of the 88-98 C&C trucks.

EDIT: Wow. Spring eyes too eh? missed than on the first read /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. smprider112

[ QUOTE ]
    My Dad had a 5-leaf overload pack built for his '79 C20 crewcab to pack his camper.

I've also seen a stock multi-leaf overload pack on some of the 88-98 C&C trucks.

EDIT: Wow. Spring eyes too eh? missed than on the first read /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I have seen some hardcore overloads b4 but this thing was straight up ghetto!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif the thing was so big with the shackles he had u prolly coulda put a 4" block in there with the stock springs /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    next time I go to the U-pull it I'll bring my cam...this thing needs to be shown for people to truely appreciate the ghetto-ness /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    and ya it still had the spring eyes like it literally musta been pulled outta another truck then slapped right in